29th January 2019, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

How can I study MBBS being an 11th Science student?

Hi everyone, I am studying in 11th standard with Science stream. I want to study MBBS course. So, I would like to know that what would I have to do for doing MBBS course? Please let me know about this as soon as possible.

7th February 2019, 05:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study MBBS being an 11th Science student?

If you want to join MBBS course then you have to pass your 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with minimum 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to GEN-PH and 10% given to SC/ST/OBC candidates.
After passing 10 + 2 the candidate has to appear in the NEET examination that is mainly conducted in the month of May every year. The result is declared in the month of June every year.
7th February 2019, 09:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You can do MBBS course if you will complete your 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry, biology and English as main subjects from a recognised board with at least 45% marks.
Then you will have to appear in the entrance test that is known as NEET i.e. National Eligibility Entrance Test.
8th February 2019, 01:18 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I am studying in 11th standard with Science stream. I want to study MBBS course. So, I would like to know that what would I have to do for doing MBBS course? Please let me know about this as soon as possible.

You have to pass the 12th standard examinations with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English subjects from a recognized board with at least 50% marks for studying MBBS in India. You have to appear and clear the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) for the admission to study MBBS course in India. Age limit for appearing in the NEET UG is - 17 years to 25 years (30 years for reserved category) as on 31st December, 2019. Candidates are admitted to the MBBS program through counseling based on the marks secured in the NEET UG.
8th February 2019, 09:07 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is a professional undergraduate degree course of 5.5 years (including internship).

Further, the minimum academic qualification required for pursuing MBBS degree is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% marks (or 40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) from a recognised board of education.

Also, for pursuing MBBS degree course from any medical college across India, you are required to qualify NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination. For details regarding these entrance examinations, you are refer to their respective official links.
9th February 2019, 12:43 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have to pass the 12th standard examinations with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English subjects from a recognized board with at least 50% marks for studying MBBS in India. You have to appear and clear the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) for the admission to study MBBS course in India. Age limit for appearing in the NEET UG is - 17 years to 25 years (30 years for reserved category) as on 31st December, 2019. Candidates are admitted to the MBBS program through counseling based on the marks secured in the NEET UG.
9th February 2019, 03:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue MBBS course, at first you have to complete your 12th standard in science stream (PCB) with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board.

Then you have to appear for medical entrance examination called NEET (National Entrance Eligibility Test). If you qualify the examination with good marks, then you can get admission in medical colleges to pursue MBBS course.
9th February 2019, 05:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you need to complete class 12th with PCB stream with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. You can start preparing for medical entrance exams in class 11th surely.

Admission will be on the basis of entrance exam and also your class 12th board exam marks. NEET will be the best option available for you.
9th February 2019, 10:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. It is five year course.

To get admission in the course, candidates will have to appear and qualify in NEET. It is conducted by NTA.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th.

Candidate must have PCB in 12th.

The minimum required aggregate is 50%. So, candidates with above qualification are eligible to appear for the examination.

If you do not have the required qualification then you are not eligible to appear for the examination.
10th February 2019, 11:33 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For appearing in the NEET or to get admission in the course, the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper.

So, candidates with PCM stream in 11th or 12th are not eligible to appear for the examination to get admission.

Candidates after qualifying in the entrance examination are only eligible to get admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?