22nd October 2022, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

I am specified as GEN in JEE Mains can I change my category in JEE Advanced, if not then can i change it in drop year?

Respected sir /ma'am, i am jee 2022 aspirant ,i am specified as GENERAL category in jee mains , can i change my category to OBC in jee advance?
If not then can i change my Category to OBC in drop year for mains and advance?

15th December 2022, 07:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I am specified as GEN in JEE Mains can I change my category in JEE Advanced, if not then can i change it in drop year?

As per the information available on the official website of JEE Advanced, Category declared during JEE (Main) 2022 registration cannot be changed during JEE (Advanced) 2022 registration expect a few exceptional cases which is not matching with your case.

But, yes you can appear in both JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2023 by taking a drop this year by mentioning OBC as your category as registration for every year JEE is a fresh registration in itself and does not has to do anything with the past year details.

For FAQs and information related to JEE Advanced, you can refer to the link https://jeeadv.ac.in/faq.html.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?