21st June 2014, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my category for JEE Advance if applied as OBC NCL in JEE Mains?

Hello
I have applied jee mains as obc ncl and correction dates are also over.
But now I am not getting my obc certificate
from mandal office. What to do now?
Can I change my category while applying for jee advance????

24th November 2014, 01:53 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my category for JEE Advance if applied as OBC NCL in JEE Mains?

You should not change your category when applying for JEE advanced exam. That's because it will raise a problem during Certificate verification and you may loss your chances of getting a seat, even if you are qualified as per Cutoff marks in your Category. So, apply for JEE advanced exam with the same category, you have applied for JEE main exam. And try to get OBC certificate, by the date of Certificate verification.
2nd May 2015, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I change my category for JEE Advance if applied as OBC NCL in JEE Mains?

I have got marks 105 in jee main but my obc category proof is not valid can i apply by general category
2nd May 2015, 10:14 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
I am sorry to say but there is nothing you can do for now to change your category. This is because the information that is been asked to you at the time of filling up the form, that is non changeable and are recorded in their database. Now if you get selected, then they will call you for the document verification then they will ask you for the certificate of obc non creamy layer if you have filled that so in the examination form. And that time if you are unable to present the desired documents, then you will be disqualified straight away.
Thanks
19th April 2016, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

I have not submitted my obc ncl certificate for jeemains 2016 can I get reservation if I produced during counsiling
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?