27th December 2013, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Is IGNOU degree accepted by SSRB J&K?

I have completed my graduation from your (ignou) university is SSR Board accepted ur degree.rply Is your degree accepted by SSRB J&K.

5th January 2014, 10:19 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is IGNOU degree accepted by SSRB J&K?

Ans:The IGNOU are refused by the J&k and Service selection recruiting Board to accept degrees obtained from the universities outside the state under distance education due to which the future of hundreds of degree holders is at stake and the risks the career of candidates in future.

However the government indicated that the candidates obtained degrees by 2009 from non-state universities through distance education system would be considered exceptional.

The SSRB issued a notification on November 12th under ad No. 07 of 2010 by the Department of Education to fill vacant teacher position, in which only Kashmir University, Jammu University, IGNOU, Maulana Azad Urdu university and DOEACC degrees have been mentioned as valid and has refused to accept degrees under distance mode pursued from outside state.

The SSRB in this notification OM No:HE/LEGAL/2010 has quoted in clear words with reference to paragraphs (J) of notification issued by Higher education on 30th march 2010 that other than IGNOU and DOEACC degrees or diploma obtained under distance will not be accepted so far until these non-states degrees or diploma will not be accepted by Kashmir university and Jammu University and also by Jammu and Kashmir State Board of Technical Education.

Thanks,Hope this helps you good luck.
29th August 2014, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

I have done BCA MCA in gju hissar distance edu .this university is ugc recognized .Act .Parliamentry A grade university. So I am eligible SSRB entrenc exam .
20th October 2014, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

I have done my llb from ignou in hand k can i practice in courts in jandk and can i apply for judicial post oa for prosecuting officers post
21st October 2014, 06:36 PM
Devdatta Divekar

According to November 2010 report, Service Selection Board issued notification under ad No. 07 of 2010 by the Department of Education to fill the vacant teacher position, in which only , Jammu University, Ignou, Maulana Azad national Urdu university and Doeacc degree have been mentioned as valid and has refused to accept degrees under distance mode pursued form outside state.
2nd January 2020, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

i have done my MSc MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology ) in the year 2014 , from PTU (Presently IKG PTU) do i am eligible for Ph D ?
28th September 2022, 02:37 AM
Unregistered

m.sc in EVS is valid through IGNOU?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?