5th July 2019, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required in BCom to become an IAS Officer?

Hello, I have completed BCom. I am interested to become an IAS officer. But I don't know the procedure, please guide me. How much percentage requires in graduation for IAS officer? Please guide me I need this job.

7th July 2019, 05:14 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in BCom to become an IAS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have completed BCom. I am interested to become an IAS officer. But I don't know the procedure, please guide me. How much percentage requires in graduation for IAS officer? Please guide me I need this job.

There is no minimum percentage required in BCom to become an IAS Officer in the future. Those candidates who have passed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to become an IAS Officer. Candidates have to appear and clear the Civil Service Examinations conducted by the UPSC to become an IAS Officer. Civil Service Examination contains Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Personality Test (Interview). Therefore, candidates after completion of the BCom course can apply for the Civil Service examinations.
7th July 2019, 08:39 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

To become a IAS Officer, you should have qualified IAS exam. In order to appear in the IAS exam, you should be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university. There is no minimum passing percentage required in the graduate degree to apply for the IAS Exam.
Minimum age required to apply for the IAS Exam is 21 years as on 1st of August of the notification year. Maximum age limit is 32 years for general category, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC and ST category candidates.
8th July 2019, 12:01 AM
triptiiet
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such minimum marks are required for IAS exam.
You need to have only your graduation degree in order to apply for IAS. You need to be pass in your graduation in orde to appear for IAS. Minimum age is 21 and maximum 30 for general category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?