27th January 2019, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to secure lateral BTech admission in NIT for Diploma Civil student?

Hello everyone, I am studying Diploma course in Civil Engineering. I want to study BTech course through lateral entry in NIT. So, please let me know that s it possible to secure admission through lateral entry in NIT?

2nd February 2019, 01:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure lateral BTech admission in NIT for Diploma Civil student?

No, it is not possible to secure lateral B.Tech admission in NIT after completion of your Diploma Civil Engineering course. NITs doesn’t offer lateral entry admission to B.Tech course. So, if you want to take lateral entry admission in B.Tech course in another institute, then you have to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by respective state board of technical education. After qualifying the entrance examination, you have to participate in the counselling process according to your examination rank to get lateral entry admission in B.Tech course.
2nd February 2019, 10:08 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure lateral BTech admission in NIT for Diploma Civil student?

Sorry to say but actually, diploma holders are not eligible to do BTech in NIT through lateral entry.
There is no direct exam to get admission in NIT.
If you want to do BTech in NIT then you have to apply for JEE mains exam and and only those candidates are eligible to apply for this exam who passed there 10+2 with non medical stream.
2nd February 2019, 10:50 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

1. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get lateral BTech admission in NIT for Diploma Civil student.

2. In order to get admission in NIT and IIT, you have to appear in JEE MAIN and JEE ADVANCED examination.

3. My suggestion to you is that you should apply for the admission in another government college which accept LEET examination score because NIT and IIT don't offer admission to Diploma holder candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?