21st January 2019, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Chances to get direct MBBS admission in Karnataka for a candidate with 66% in 2nd PUC?

Hi, I have completed my 2nd PUC with 66% marks. My aim is to study MBBS course. However, I don't have good rank in CET(Medical). So, I have any chance to get direct admission for MBBS course anywhere in Karnataka?

31st January 2019, 03:24 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to get direct MBBS admission in Karnataka for a candidate with 66% in 2nd PUC?

It is not possible to get admission in MBBS course on the basis of aggregate in 12th board examination.

Candidates are eligible to get admission only after qualifying in NEET.

NEET is conducted by NTA. So, you have to do preparation to qualify in the examination to get admission in MBBS course.
31st January 2019, 05:31 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Chances to get direct MBBS admission in Karnataka for a candidate with 66% in 2nd PUC?

You are not eligible to get admission in government or even private colleges in Karnataka or in India in MBBS course on the basis of aggregate in 12th board examination.

As, it is mandatory to appear and qualify in NEET to get admission in MBBS course.

So, you will have to appear and qualify in NEET to get admission in MBBS course.
31st January 2019, 07:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

As per SC verdict few years back there is no option to get admission in MBBS course on the basis of aggregate in board examination or examination conducted separately by the state.

So, you are not eligible to get admission on the basis of aggregate in 12th board examination.

You will have to appear and qualify in NEET to get admission in MBBS course.
2nd February 2019, 10:58 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

1. No, you are not eligible to get direct MBBS admission in Karnataka for a candidate with 66% in 2nd PUC.

2. In order to get admission in MBBS course, you have to appear in Entrance examination because the selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of the entrance examination.

ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FO MBBS

** NEET

** AIIMS (UG)

** JIPMER (UG)

My suggestion to you is that you should score good marks in the entrance examination to study MBBS course in well-reputed government college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?