11th June 2017, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to pursue a career in archaeology

Hello, I am pursuing my last year in civil engineering I am interested in archeology. How can I pursue it? How much yearly would it charge to me to take up the degree in this. What is the procedure for this?

12th June 2017, 04:57 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to pursue a career in archaeology

Masters in Archaeology is a 2 years course which deals with human history, prehistory of historic places, analysis of artifacts. The eligibility, admission process and fee structure are mentioned below.

The candidate should complete their graduation in any stream with minimum 50% from any recognized university.

You need to attend the entrance exam conducted by many universities through which you can get admission in the college.

The fee structure and admission process varies based on the state and university. The fee structure will be around INR 7k to INR 10k.
12th June 2017, 05:30 PM
mrghost
Member+

Default Re: Procedure to pursue a career in archaeology

Archaeology is a career for those who have acute interest in culture and ancient history.

Eligibility criteria:-

- The candidate must pass 12th from recognised board.
- After completion of graduation the student have two options that is 'post graduate degree' or ' diploma programme in archaeology'.
- To apply for post graduation in archaeologist candidate must have minimum 55% marks in graduation.

You can opt for any of the following course:-

> Epigraphy
> Numismatics
> Museology
> Historical archaeology
> Archives
> Isotope analysis
> Ethnoarchaeology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?