2nd April 2012, 09:32 AM
anilforb

List of Universities to do MA in Archaeology in India through Distance Education?

Hi,

I m 37 yrs old and doing Govt. Job. I have completed B. Sc. Chem( Hons.).
I want to pursue M. A. in archaeology ( with specialization in numismatics) in India through distance education. Pl suggest the name of the university, from where i can pursue the said course.

Related Questions:
  1. List of the distance universities offering Ph.D in Archaeology for M.A. in History and Heritage Management degree holder?
  2. List of universities which offer M.Ed through Distance Education in India?
  3. How to do M.Phil in Environmental Science through correspondence?
  4. List of universities which offer B.Sc(Psychology) through Distance Education in India? Job opportunities after completing B.Sc in Psychology?
  5. Graduation while working in Merchant Navy on Ship?
  6. Am I eligible to reapply for B.Com if completed 10 years ago?
  7. How to do B.Ed through correspondence?
  8. Am I eligible for Archeology after completing 12th and after doing B.Tech? Which courses should I take up?
  9. List of the universities offering distance education for MCA?
  10. Can I get Teachers Eligibility test application form?
  11. Universities in India to pursue B.E through distance education?
  12. List of the universities in India to do MSc in Mathematics
  13. Can I do B.Ed through distance education without working as a teacher? Universities that provide distance education for B.Ed without experience in Teaching?
  14. Universities offering Distance PhD in Commerce to Regular M.Com student in India? -- [New]
  15. List of UGC recognized distance universities offering Diploma in Homeopathy program for B.A. graduate?
  16. How to do M.Tech in structure through distance education? List of the universities offering the course?
  17. List of Universities in Kerala, Karnataka, AP offering M.Phil in Distance Education? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. List of universities which offer Distance M.Tech course in India?
19th July 2012, 09:22 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of Universities to do MA in Archaeology in India through Distance Education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilforb View Post
Hi,

I want to pursue M. A. in archaeology ( with specialization in numismatics) in India through distance education. Pl suggest the name of the university, from where i can pursue the said course.

The Kuvempu University - Directorate of Distance Education, offers M.A. in History and Archaeology. Candidate who have completed the Bachelors degree program from a recognized University are eligible to pursue. The duration of the program is two years. The University offers the program through its Dept. of P.G. Studies In History And Archaeology.

The course comprises of the following department of study:

History Method and Historiography
History of Ancient India upto 1200 A.D.
History of Modern Europe
Bronze Age Civilizations of the World

History of Medieval India - 12th C. to 18th C.
History of Indian Freedom Movement
History of Modern Karnataka
Archaeology in India.

For detail information refer to the following Link.
11th June 2013, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: List of Universities to do MA in Archaeology in India through Distance Education?

I m an MA in History & doing a job ,now I want to do a course through correspondece /distance in archaeology pls suggest the universities.
1st July 2013, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I have done Bsc (Botany)..i am interested in MA in archeology....can i apply for it...
25th August 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

i hold a degree in MA (Engish University), completed in 2006. Now, i would like to pursue a master's degree in Archaeology of the world. I have few questions in this regard.
1. Does this university offer a PG degree in Archaeology? If es, am i eligible for that?
2. Because i'm from Hyderabad and cannot attend regular college in Chennai, can i do a correspondence course?
3. What is the duration of the course?
4. It wold be great if you can prvide me the details of fee particulars and when would the actual course start, i mean the academic year, etc.
Thanks in advance!
21st December 2013, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

i have done b'com in commerce feild right not iam doing law for raipur ....n iam also intrested in archeology can i apply it in destence larning program...
7th May 2014, 04:47 PM
VENKATESHVAR

I wish to introduce myself as a post-graduate in sanskrit with a B.Ed in sanskrit specialized in poorva mimamsa.I wish to obtain a degree in archeology.kindly guide me as to how i could join a university to qualify myself in archeology.
22nd September 2014, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

I am Prasad, I have completed my MBA in 2006 and currently working. I am more interested MA in Archaeology. Can anyone suggest me the university's in India. reach me at [email protected]
19th March 2015, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

I am Shyam, I have completed my Master of Social Work in 2012 and right now am working in a NGO, but I am more intrested in M.A Archaeology any one Please suggest me the Distanc/regulere university`s for Archaeology courses in India. send me my E mail ID- [email protected]
13th April 2015, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

Hi have completed b.com and MBA ..and I took H.E.P in inter level..can I elegible to M.A ancient history and archeology in andhra university
14th April 2015, 04:53 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

These are some top Archaeology Colleges in India are:-

MS University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat

Karnataka University, Dharwad, Karnataka

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi

Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat

Union Christian College, Ernakulam, Kerala

Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa

Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh

University of Sagar, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh

Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, UP

Ranchi University, Jharkhand
15th April 2015, 04:17 PM
amtul khan
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilforb View Post
Hi,

check out the solution of your problem:

1.Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.

2.Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat.

3.Union Christian College, Ernakulam, Kerala.

4.Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.

5.Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh.

6.University of Sagar, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh.

7.Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, UP.

8.MS University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat.

9.Karnataka University, Dharwad, Karnataka.
6th May 2015, 04:48 AM
Unregistered

Look at univ of south africa. If u have a BA in something related but not in archaeogy, you'll need to do what they call an Honors BA degree in archaeology. Basically one year of studies in archaeology. Then the MA in archaeology requires a 30,000 word thesis. Then the PhD requires a 80,000 word thesis. You should also look into the univ of liecester (spelling??). They are known for their MA in archaeology via diatance learning. It requires courses and a short thesis. Their PhD can only be completed in classical archaeology.
15th November 2015, 06:17 PM
kaminipathi
Member+

List of Universities to do MA in Archaeology in India through Distance Education
---------------------------------------

--Utkal University

--Karnataka University

--Maharaja Sayajirao University

--Banaras Hindu University

--University of Sagar,

--Banaras Hindu University

--Union Christian College

--Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University

--Maharaja Sayajirao University
15th February 2016, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

My age is 40. I have done bcom. I want to pursue some course in numismatics through distant learning. Which university I should see.
23rd January 2017, 04:59 AM
Unregistered

I am 33 yrs old, living at Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar islands and doing Govt. Job. I have completed BA (geography). I want to pursue M. A. in archaeology in India through distance education. Please suggest the name of the university, from where i can pursue the said course.
3rd March 2017, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

I am a27 year old Bhms graduate from Kerala. I am very much interested in studying the archeology . What I want to do for it.pls give me a suggestion
9th March 2017, 05:16 PM
ajay0770

List of University to do MA in Archaeology in India through Distance Education:

1) INGNU

2) Karnataka University

3) Sikkim Manipal University

4) Banaras University

5) Alagappa University

6) Ambedkar Open University

7) Andhra University

8) Annamali University

9) Calicut University

10) IASE University
6th July 2017, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

I did bachelor in computer application and m.a. in history from distance education.
can i apply for m.a. in Archaeology(Regular not by distance learning)?
my emailId is [email protected]
6th October 2017, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Give me a list of Indian universities from where i can do my m.a. in Ancient history or Archaeology through distance education.
28th March 2019, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Is there any University near Kolkata or Howrah which offers M.A. in Archaeology in distance education system?I am 31yrs old and I am a government employee.....I did .M.A in history this year with 59% from Vidyasagar University....Am I eligible for doing M.A in Archaeology? Please reply....it's Urgent!
5th April 2020, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there any University near Kolkata or Howrah which offers M.A. in Archaeology in distance education system?I am 31yrs old and I am a government employee.....I did .M.A in history this year with 59% from Vidyasagar University....Am I eligible for doing M.A in Archaeology? Please reply....it's Urgent!
Did you find such institute/University. If yes then please guide me as well.
10th June 2020, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in(BE civil) and i am interested to do MA in archaeology am i qualify to do this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?