23rd December 2015, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Is short duration degree from IGNOU valid for CAT?

I am studying in IGNOU. I am doing a short term B.Com course for CPT completed students. My question is if this short term Graduation is acceptable for CAT exam?

23rd December 2015, 10:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is short duration degree from IGNOU valid for CAT?

IGNOU stands for Indhra Gandhi National Open University that is located in New Delhi is distance learning National Open University.

It is recognized university and hence you can appear in the exam on the basis of degree course.
24th December 2015, 12:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in IGNOU. I am doing a short term B.Com course for CPT completed students. My question is if this short term Graduation is acceptable for CAT exam?
If you have completed graduation degree from IGNOU then you are eligible for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.
24th December 2015, 03:01 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Duration of B.Com course from IGNOU is 3 years.
And yes, you are eligible for CAT exam after completing B.Com course from IGNOU.

There is no graduation course which is of less than 3 years duration.
24th December 2015, 06:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If IGNOU awards you a degree which is equivalent to any other degree then you will surely be eligible for CAT without any doubt because IGNOU is a recognized distance mode university.

Just make sure that IGNOU has awarded you a degree because if it is not a degree then you will not be eligible for CAT. Also, you should have 50% marks to become eligible for CAT which is the minimum percentage required.
24th December 2015, 11:31 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for CAT examination is that the candidate has to be passed his/ her graduation degree from a recognized university.

AS IGNOU is valid and recognized university, it's courses are recognized by AICTE and it has gained recognition from UGC.

If your graduation degree is of minimum 3 years, then that degree is valid and acceptable by CAT.
25th December 2015, 02:39 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, short term course as in graduation if done from IGNOU is very much acceptable for CAT examination.You need not worry on it and just completed your graduation and try to score well in your graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?