3rd June 2016, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Should I drop B.Com and go for BCA from other private college having no interest in commerce but in computer field?

I am currently doing B.Com(h) from DU South Campus college, i got 90% in Commerce stream in 12th, but i dont like B.Com subjects such as accounts, but i have a strong interest in computer field, and i have almost finished my first year, so should i drop and go for BCA from other private college?

4th June 2016, 11:10 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop B.Com and go for BCA from other private college having no interest in commerce but in computer field?

Yes, you can discontinue pursuing B.Com course and join BCA course which you are interested. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a Government rceognised board are eligible to do BCA course.

It is best to do the course which you have interest because, without having interest on what your are doing, you can't acheive success or reach your goal.
The duration of B.Com course is 3 years. Since, you have just completed first year of B.Com course, you need to pursue two more years for completion of course and to get the Degree certificate.

If you wish to drop from B.Com course and join BCA course, your one year of B.Com course study will be wasted and you need to pursue BCA course from first year onwards. So, I suggest you to think twice before dropping B.Com course and joining BCA course.
5th June 2016, 02:24 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop B.Com and go for BCA from other private college having no interest in commerce but in computer field?

Yes, you can and you should opt for BCA course if you are interested in it. You should never study anything such which you are not interested in. Therefore, even if you have completed your 1st year of B.Com, you should quit the course and get admission in BCA course in any good college and continue with your studies further.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?