7th June 2017, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit and percentage required to become an astronomer?

I have completed BE electrical after electrical engg.diploma.I want to career in astronomy, then what are the criteria? What is the age limit and percentage criteria to become an astronomer? Please help.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility and age limit for JEST? Salary of Astronomer? Other ways to become Astronomer?
  2. How much money is required to become an astronomer?
  3. How to become an Astronomer after completing B.Tech in EEE? How much is the salary of an Astronomer?
  4. How can I become an Astronaut?
  5. What are the opportunities for job after completing M.E? How much percentage is required for the job? How much is the salary and age limit?
  6. Required qualification and age limit for attending SI of assam police?
  7. What is the age limit and percentage required in graduation to apply for IBPS exam?
  8. Age limit required for girls to join Indian Army? How much percentage is required?
  9. Percentage required in Graduation for getting admission in IB? Minimum age limit, height and weight required to apply for the exam?
  10. What should I do to get a job of Astronomer in any of the Indian Space Organisations? What is the eligibility criteria required for the job?
  11. What is the maximum age limit for PCS exam? What is the qualification required and how much percentage?
  12. What is the percentage required to apply for OTA exam? What is the age limit?
  13. Age limit and required percentage of marks for Ex-Serviceman to apply for the position of Ticket Checker in Railway?
  14. Age limit and percentage required for UPSC CDS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Qualification and age limit for Assam Police SI examination?
  16. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  17. What should I do to become a astronomer?
  18. Percentage required and age limit for AIPMT entrance exam?
8th June 2017, 12:24 AM
mrghost
Member+

Default Re: What is the age limit and percentage required to become an astronomer?

Basic Eligibility criteria:-

> Bachelor's degree in astrology or equivalent from the recognised University.
> Candidate must be Indian citizen.
> Age should be between 21 to 30 years for general category.
> Relaxation is given to Sc / St categories and OBC category.
> 3 year of related experience after obtaining the bachelor's degree
> Ability to pass a NASA space physical which is similar to military or civillian flight physical.
> Blood pressure 140 / 90 masured in sitting position.
> At least 50%marks in 12th.
8th June 2017, 10:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit and percentage required to become an astronomer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed BE electrical after electrical engg.diploma.I want to career in astronomy, then what are the criteria? What is the age limit and percentage criteria to become an astronomer? Please help.
You have completed bachelor degree in B.E in Electrical Engineering so you are not eligible for Astronomer.

Those candidates who have completed bachelor degree in Astronomy from a recognized university are eligible for masters degree admission in Astronomy.

Your age should be above 18 years.
8th June 2017, 12:58 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To become a astronomer the candidate must have scored a minimum of 65% (combining all the subjects) or 6.84/10 CGPA and the age of the candidate must be in between 18 to 35 years. The candidate should be the citizen of India if want to join ISRO.
8th June 2017, 06:03 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Age limit and percentage required to become an Astronomer:-

It is a bachelor's degree. The duration of the course is for 3 years and the course is divided into 6 semester. There is good scope of astronomy course in both the private as well as public.

Eligibility criteria :-

The candidate should have passed 12th standard from a recognised University.

You should having the main subjects like: physics, chemistry and Biology etc.

You should score 50% marks in 12th examination and relaxation is given 45% of marks.

You should also crack the entrance examination be good percentile of marks.

Age limit:-

The minimum age limit is 35 years and maximum age limit is 45 years.
9th June 2017, 12:44 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

A passion for stars, planets, galaxies, and the universe, and knowledge of what's out there can lead you to consider an astronomer. To become an astronomer, dedication and good study skill will make the way for you. The bedrock of astronomy is Mathematics, Physics and other major subjects of science along with computer science and geography can equally be helpful. It is very important to aim for the best university or college to study astronomy. To become an astronomer you should have a PhD degree in astronomy, physics or a similar field, which is typically necessary for faculty, managerial and researcher positions. Age factor may be a little considerate for an astronomer to analyse, experience and gain knowledge from what you have studied to get well focus on the career of an astronomer.
9th June 2017, 04:59 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Astronomers uses principals of physics and mathematics to learn more about the universe and collects data on the characteristics of planets, moons, stars and other objects by using various electronics devices such as telescope, computers, etc.
Since work of Astronomers involves various research and development, so a doctoral degree in science stream is the usual educational requirement to become an astronomer.
Making career in astronomy is very competitive, so you must have a master's degree and even a PhD to ensure you can advance to the position you want.
After your BE electrical qualification, you need to go for your master's degree in order to become eligible for astronomer.
Since Ph.D is mandatory to do research, so you should appear for the JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test) examination.
There is no upper age limit to become an astronomer.
16th July 2020, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

mam/sir my 12th percent is 44.76 and I was not take biology then can I become an astronomer
26th September 2021, 04:26 PM
Minal F

Candidates must have 12th passed in Science Stream with Subjects Mathematics and Physics as main subjects.

And Undergraduate degree course in Astronomy after 12th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?