19th January 2014, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

What is Deemed University? Can I attend government exams after passing from such university?

Dear Sir

Please let me know what is deemed university and i would like to know if i take a degree from deemed university will i be able to attend for central government exams? Please let me know . I am planning to take degree from Shobhit university. Kindly help

Thanking you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University authorized to continue B.Tech course through distance mode? Is it a deemed university? Can I get admission in M.Tech after passing? After passing from JRN university can I get a government job?
  2. How to do B.Com hons and CS side by side?
  3. Are the LLB forms available? What is the last date for submission of forms for 3 years LLB course?
  4. Opportunities in government sector after passing MCA? Details about the government exams?
  5. Is Noida International University a private university or deemed university? Is it recognized by AICTE, DEC and UGC?
  6. How to attend government job after passing 3rd year ECE?
  7. Is Allahabad Agricultural University a deemed university?
  8. Is there any chance to get a government job after passing B.E CSE from Anna University Affiliated College? Are there any exams conducted for that? Details about all the government exams?
  9. Is IASE deemed university a valid university for government job? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is NTR university a government or deemed government university?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.d from any government university after finishing MSc in Geography
  12. Can I get a government job after pursuing diploma in engineering course from IASE deemed university?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Government Universities after studying from a deemed university which was recently blacklisted?
  14. Are deemed universities good or not?
  15. Can a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech shift from one deemed university to other deemed university or other college?
  16. Am I eligible to join as a lecturer in Anna University colleges? I have completed MCA in deemed universities
  17. How can I apply for government exam after studying diploma in Mechanical through deemed university?
  18. Can I get Jobs after completion of studies in Deemed University?
23rd January 2014, 09:33 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is Deemed University? Can I attend government exams after passing from such university?

Deemed University is the status given by UGC to certain educational institutions of India which gives them the power similar to universities which enables them to conduct higher education in India especially the graduate and post graduate courses. There are 124 deemed universities in India. They have their autonomous power in deciding their academic curriculum as well as fees structure and conduct the entrance examinations. However, UGC keeps a check on these universities from time to time and if any unsatisfactory or malpractice is found by these universities, the status of Deemed University is taken back.

You can definitely take government exams if you have a degree from Deemed University. There will be no problem with this point for the central government or state government exams. Shobhit University is holding the status of Deemed to be University and you can surely pursue course there and appear for the central government exams.
23rd January 2014, 09:37 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is Deemed University? Can I attend government exams after passing from such university?

Deemed University is the status given by UGC to certain educational institutions of India which gives them the power similar to universities which enables them to conduct higher education in India especially the graduate and post graduate courses. There are 124 deemed universities in India. They have their autonomous power in deciding their academic curriculum as well as fees structure and conduct the entrance examinations. However, UGC keeps a check on these universities from time to time and if any unsatisfactory or malpractice is found by these universities, the status of Deemed University is taken back.

You can definitely take government exams if you have a degree from Deemed University. There will be no problem with this point for the central government or state government exams. Shobhit University is holding the status of Deemed to be University and you can surely pursue course there and appear for the central government exams.
24th January 2014, 12:39 AM
sushri_mhnty

Thumbs down Re: What is Deemed University? Can I attend government exams after passing from such university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir

Please let me know what is deemed university and i would like to know if i take a degree from deemed university will i be able to attend for central government exams? Please let me know . I am planning to take degree from Shobhit university. Kindly help

Thanking you in advance.
Don't worry my dear because deemed university in other ways UGC approved university. You can apply for any state and central government jobs. Best wishes from me.
5th August 2015, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

B-tech degree of BIT patna (a deemed university) is whether eligible or not govt exam/govt job either central or state...
regard
rabindra tiwary from bihar
25th August 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my btech from noida international university can i apply for government jobs it is approved by ugc but not recognized??
5th May 2018, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

I have a very serious question related to a Degree that I hold, I appeared with all sincerity in the exams which was held by SHIATS Sam Higgon Bottom Institute of Agriculture and Science, after spending time in the UGC website I have come to know that a deemed university is not authorised to conduct exams which is not under their territorial jurisdiction therefore I would like to know if I would be able to apply for West Bengal Civil services with the degree I hold I have graduated in the year 2013 and have been preparing very seriously for this exam? could you please advise if anyone out there has got a government Job with this degree.
22nd July 2020, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Sir I will admission placed in karunya deemed university b. Sc agriculture I would like to no about college 4year finished after eligible for government exam or not please tell me sir
26th June 2021, 06:04 AM
Unregistered

What is difference between Deemed University and Deemed to be university
29th July 2023, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission for Phd. in Govt. uneversity/eligible for govt. job after completing MSc. from Avinashlingam Deemed university for home science in Coimbatoor
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?