19th January 2016, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to join Indian Army after completion of graduation course?

i m 2nd yr student of B.Sc microbiology and want to join army after my graduation. What shud i do? What is the procedure followed to join Indian Army after completion of graduation course? Can someone please provide me the steps in details?

Thanks!

19th January 2016, 04:22 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to join Indian Army after completion of graduation course?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army after completing your degree. To join Indian Army you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Army, Navy, Air Force and OTA. But, you are only eligible to appear for Army and OTA.

The age limit to appear for Indian Army is 19-24 years and for OTA is 19-25 years. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB.

Candidates need to qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th January 2016, 07:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to join Indian Army after completion of graduation course?

To join in Indian Army after completion of your Graduation course, you must have to appear in Combined Defense Service (CDS) examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. To be eligible to appear in CDS examination for joining in Indian Army, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification .
19th January 2016, 09:49 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

First of all you should make sure whether you are eligible to join Indian Army or not, below however I have mentioned the eligibility criteria,kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility for Join Indian army:

> You should be HS passed from a recognized University.

> Minimum marks should be 60% in both 10th as well as 12th.

> English should be one of the main subjects in your boards, i.e. in 10th & 12th and should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in it.

> You should be a citizen of India.

> You Should be unmarried at the time of applying for the exam.

> You must not have any Physical or mental disabilities.

> Your age should be in between 16.5 - 19.5 years

> Minimum height should be 157 cms.

After this you will have to appear for SSC examinations and after having cleared the entrance examination, you will have to clear the SSB round and after the successful completion of your SSB, if your are selected it is okay and if not then you can probably try once again.
19th January 2016, 10:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC every year for graduates. Being a life science graduate you are only eligible for Indian Army OTA through this exam.
Age should be between 19 to 25 years. Both male and female can apply for this exam. Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and SSB interview.
7th November 2019, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am studing BBA( L& SM) . i want to join indian navy . for that what should i do . after my completion
5th February 2020, 02:56 PM
gopinath amudha

graduation degree from a recognized university is required, then appear CDS(combined defence service) exam conducted by UPSC, after selection training will be provided at IMA
12th June 2021, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

sir ,is it mendatory that a candidate must give his ssb interview only in english?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?