10th June 2016, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

What should I pursue BCA or MCA after completion of 12th CBSE in Computer Science?

Dear sir, I have completed 12th Class in Computer Science from CBSE board. Now I have a doubt whether to go with BCA or MCA. Please tell me that What should I pursue now after 12th ? I am eagerly waiting for you reply.

Related Questions:
  1. What shall I do to pursue MCA after completion of BCA with 72% being a candidate having not gone through Mathematics in 12th class?
  2. Is MCA from India better or M.Sc in Computer Science from Foreign?
  3. Will it be a problem for me to get a good job after completion of MCA of not scoring 1st class in 12th Class?
  4. Can I do MCA after Msc? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Eligibility for BCA and MCA without having maths as subject in 12th level?
  6. How to pursue BCA-MCA instead of B.Tech?
  7. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
  8. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  9. What to do to become computer science Teacher in KVS after 12th?
  10. What should I choose to do for graduation after completion of 12th in science stream?
  11. Courses available to study in Post Graduation for B.Sc General candidate?
  12. In which colleges can I apply for software engineering? Which are the other colleges in Delhi?
  13. Am I eligible for BCA if I am a CBSE 12th commerce and computer science student
  14. What should I do after completion of BCA?
  15. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech computer science after MCA? Scope of M.Tech in Computer science? Can a student pursue M.Tech in CS from IIT or NIT after MCA?
  16. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  17. Can I pursue Ph.D in computer science after MCA or MSc IT?
  18. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
10th June 2016, 07:00 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I pursue BCA or MCA after completion of 12th CBSE in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir, I have completed 12th Class in Computer Science from CBSE board. Now I have a doubt whether to go with BCA or MCA. Please tell me that What should I pursue now after 12th ? I am eagerly waiting for you reply.

The aspirant should study BCA after the completion of 12th CBSE in Computer Science.
BCA means Bachelor of Computer Science and MCA means Master of Computer Science. You can study BCA first and then you can study MCA. The eligibility to study the BCA is a pass in 10+2 with Mathematics as one of the subjects. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in various colleges in India.
10th June 2016, 08:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I pursue BCA or MCA after completion of 12th CBSE in Computer Science?

You are eligible to pursue BCA course after completion of your 12th standard from CBSE Board. You are not eligible to pursue MCA course after completion of your 12th standard. To be eligible to pursue MCA course, you must have passed Bachelor's degree course in any stream from a recognised university. Since, you have completed your 12th standard, you can pursue only BCA course after completion of your BCA course, you are eligible to pursue MCA course.
10th June 2016, 09:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and it is a master degree course.

So, after 10+2 you are eligible to pursue only bachelor degree so you have to pursue BCA course right now.

But after BCA course you are eligible to pursue MCA course.
10th June 2016, 09:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me make you clear that BCA stands for Bachelor in computer application and MCA stands for Masters in computer application. So it is definitely that you have to pursue Bachelor in computer application before pursuing master in computer application after passing class 12th. Minimum age limit to join this course is 17 years.
11th June 2016, 12:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed 12th standard with Computer Science, So you are eligible for BCA course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics or Computer Science from a recognized bard are eligible for BCA course.

After completion of BCA course, you are eligible for MCA course.
11th June 2016, 05:46 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You cannot get admission in MCA course just after completion of your 12th boards, you will first of all have to get admission in BCA course and after completion of the course from a recognized University, you can get admission in MCA course after appearing for MCA entrance examination.
14th June 2016, 04:47 PM
Bharatchaduhary
Junior Member+

BCA is Bachelor degree and MCA is Master degree. for MCA you have to done your bachelor degree. as you said you have just passed 12th then you can do only BCA. after BCA you can do MCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?