6th February 2015, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?

Respected Sir
I am doing MCA from sikkim manipal university in distance education. I want to do Phd. in Computer science. So,after MCA in distance mode can I pursue my career for PHD in computer science or I'll have to do M.TECH first then I can pursue Phd.(since in distance education). Also I want to know the college name for distance education.

kindly send reply to me....
Thanks in advance.

13th February 2015, 09:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?

First of all you must have at least 55% marks in your MCA degree from a recognized University. if you have done your MCA from a recognized distance education University then you are definitely eligible for it. There is relaxation of 5% marks available for reserved category candidates. You can apply for Ph.D on the basis of MCA degree and no need to go for any M.Tech degree.

If you can perform well in the entrance exam and interview for Ph.D admission then surely you can get admission quite easily. If you have got NET/SLET/JRF then your admission will be a lot smoother because you don't have to appear for any entrance exam.
29th January 2016, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?

I have done m.c.a.(literal entry)from distance university.can I done m.c.a
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?