6th January 2022, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

What steps should be followed after completing BSc degree to become a Pharmacist?

I am currently in grade 12 and was accepted to study Bsc at Rhodes University. I want to become a pharmacist. Problem is that Physics is not offered at my school as I am from a rural area and it would really cost my family to have sent me away. I am doing quite well in maths an biology. I would like to know what comes next after finishing my bsc degree to end up being a pharmacist and how long will it take. I would also like to know if there is any majors that I should be focussing om to do pharmacy. Your assistance would be much appreciated.

10th January 2022, 12:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should be followed after completing BSc degree to become a Pharmacist?

°°° One cannot become a pharmacist after completing Bachelor of Science degree in medical or non medical stream because the minimum educational qualification required to become a pharmacist is that the candidate should have completed Bachelor of Pharmacy 4 years degree course from a recognised university or Institute.

If you want to become a pharmacist then you have to enroll yourself in Bachelor of Pharmacy for your degree course that is offered after passing class 12th with medical or non medical stream.
10th January 2022, 04:38 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should be followed after completing BSc degree to become a Pharmacist?

To become a Pharmacist after completing a BSc degree is, if you wish to open your own drug store then you can do a diploma in pharmacy which is a 2-year duration course. If you want to work in the pharmaceutical industries then you need to do a bachelor's degree or BPharm course. For the BPharm course, a candidate must have passed 10+2 in Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics or Biology from a recognized board.
11th January 2022, 11:48 AM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

The steps should be followed after completing BSc degree to become a Pharmacist is, you must have a science stream in 12th, or diploma in pharmacy, bachelor's degree in pharmacy etc..
11th January 2022, 03:33 PM
periwinkle09876

After passing BSc degree, you are not eligible to become a pharmacist because to become a pharmacist a candidate should have completed Bachelor of Pharmacy 4 years degree course after passing 12th with medical or non medical stream.

If you want to be a pharmacist, then you have to pursue Bachelor of Pharmacy 4 years degree course on the basis of your 12th qualification then only you can apply for the post of pharmacist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?