6th January 2022, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do MSc honours or equivalent after BSc general?

Hi friends, I am currently undergoing XII standard in Pure Science. I am aiming for BSc after I complete my 12th. But I am not sure if I could get BSc with honours. However, if I pursue BSc in general pure sciences, then is it possible for me to apply for MSc with honours in Physics or Chemistry? And I've also heard about doing specialization in a particular branch of physics or chemistry, like Condensed matter physics, quantum mechanics.... etc. Will I be elligible for that if I have a BSc general degree. Please advise. And also advise me some of our nations good and renowned colleges for Science education, where I can apply for the course.

Hope to get positive and satisfying Answers,
Thank you in advance,
Rajdeep Bhatt,
Assam.

10th January 2022, 05:20 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do MSc honours or equivalent after BSc general?

To do MSc Honours in Physics or Chemistry a candidate must have studied and passed a BSc Honours in Physics or Chemistry with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. The top universities accept admission to this course on the basis of the national level entrance examination.
10th January 2022, 07:19 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° After Bsc in General, you will be eligible to pursue Master of Science in the subject you are interested and you are studied in your graduation .
Master of Science is always pursued only in one subject of your choice that you have studied in your graduation.
Master of Science can be done only in one subject unlike that of Bsc where you have to study a combination of subjects in a stream.

Admission to the Master's course is done on the basis of entrance examination that is connected by a reputed institutes or Universities and if you want to take private seat then there is no need to appear in the entrance test.

Hence, you are eligible.
11th January 2022, 11:43 AM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it's possible to do MSc honours or equivalent after BSc General.
11th January 2022, 03:38 PM
periwinkle09876

After pursuing BSc in general you are eligible to pursue MSc Hons and basically MSC is always pursued in one subject of your choice that you have studied in your graduation.
Subjects that you have studied in your BSc course will be decided by you that in which subject you want to pursue MSc and then only you can apply for only one subject for MSc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?