21st March 2015, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

When to appear in CLAT after 10th or after 12th? Percentage required for CLAT?

Well I am in class 11 commerce.... i want to ask that when to appear for clat after 12 or after 10.......and what percentage is required for clat

22nd March 2015, 06:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When to appear in CLAT after 10th or after 12th? Percentage required for CLAT?

You can apply for CLAT Examination after completion of 12th class and not after 10th class. Yes, the basic educational qualification required is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university. CLAT Examination is conducted for admission into LLB and LLM courses.

Educational Qualification Required:

For U.G Programme (LL.B):

>> Candidate must have obtained Higher Secondary School or Intermediate (10+2) pattern or its equivalent certificate from a recognized university with not less than 45% marks in aggregate and 40% in case of SC and ST candidates as prescribed by the respective Statutes of the participating Universities.

>> You must be below 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2015 (22 years in case of SC/ ST and PWD candidates)

>> After completion of 12th commerce, you can undoubtedly apply for CLAT 2015 Entrance Examination.
22nd March 2015, 07:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When to appear in CLAT after 10th or after 12th? Percentage required for CLAT?

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). It is an all India entrance examination which is conducted on rotation by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B. & LL.M.). To be eligible to appear in CLAT examination, you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with an aggregate of 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks from a recognised board. Since, the minimum educational qualification required to appear in CLAT examination is completion of 12th standard from a recognised board, you can appear in CLAT examination after completion of your 12th standard.
22nd March 2015, 09:15 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to apply for CLAT Examination after 10th examination because to apply for this examination. You should have completed intermediate from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. CLAT i.e Common Law Admission Test is conducted by National Law Universities for admission to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes ( L.L.B & L.L.M).

Eligibility Criteria :-

-> You should have completed Higher Secondary School in any discipline from a recognized school or equivalent qualification.

-> You must have secured at least 45% marks for general candidates and 40% marks for reserved categories.

-> Those who are appearing in the final board examination may also apply.

-> You should be below 20 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.
22nd March 2015, 09:19 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

CLAT exam stands for Common Admission test. You can not apply CLAT exam after 10th standard.

CLAT exam eligibility:-

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized university with 45% marks.

Maximum age is 20 years.

There are 14 National Law Universities which conducts the CLAT exam in turn.

You can give this exam to pursue both LLB and LLM.

Exam Pattern:-

English including Comprehension: 40 marks

General Knowledge/ Current Affairs: 50 marks

Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 marks

Legal Aptitude: 50 marks

Logical Reasoning: 40 marks
23rd March 2015, 02:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well I am in class 11 commerce.... i want to ask that when to appear for clat after 12 or after 10.......and what percentage is required for clat
You can apply here after 12th standard.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test. This exam is conducted for admission for LLB & LLM course.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend in CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 Years for under graduate course.
27th March 2015, 07:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ).The examination is conducted for admission in 16National University and the admission is taken for higher studies for LLB and LLM courses.The examination is conducted of 200 marks and the question are related to English;General knowledge;Reasoning;Logical Aptitude;and some question are of mathematics related to elementary operations.The examination is of 2 hrs.

The candidate age must not be higher than 20 years.
4th May 2015, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want to ask that my 12th class rasult declare on 20 may 2015 can i apply. For CLAT 2015 nd when
7th May 2015, 04:22 PM
amanshrivastava98

See, CLAT stands for Common Law Aptitude Test.

Through this examination, you get the admission in both UG as well as the PG courses.

If you want to get admission in the UG then you should write the exam in the 12th appearing year and clearing which you can get the admission in one of the various law universities for an integrated course of 5 years of BA-LLB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?