26th November 2013, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

After MCA we should do M.Tech or PhD for better career in academic field?

Dear Sir,
I have passed MCA 2004, 1.5 research experience, 2 years php development experience, 3 years computer lab technician experience(continued). Due to recession and helth problem i had joined lab technician(lab attandent).

What i should do M.tech or PHD or both?
who is greater than or equivalent in between them (MCA,Phd and MCA, M.Tech,PHD). whose CV shortlist will be first.

my date of birth is January 31, 1980.

pls sir give me valuable suggestions.

With Kind Regards
Dinesh

26th November 2013, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: After MCA we should do M.Tech or PhD for better career in academic field?

I too want ans for above question, but im MCA fresher.
26th November 2013, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: After MCA we should do M.Tech or PhD for better career in academic field?

You should positively concentrate on PhD, It is more prestigious, secure and safe for bright future. M.Tech is equivalent to MCA and you will be eligible for teaching in AICTE recognized institutes. But by doing PhD you will be eligible for teaching in AICTE as well as UGC or CSIR or any other affiliated organization.
27th November 2013, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

I am in IInd year of BCA and I want to do my MCA from IIT.
what is the procedure?
17th December 2013, 04:05 PM
Support
Forum Staff

It is quite sad to know that you had to face so many difficulties in life and have ended up being a lab assistant. But it is really appreciable that you have not lost your confidence and is determined enough to make your life brighter by studying more. This is the spirit which is required to sustain and achieve high success in this modern life. You can definitely make your life brighter and achieve something good by doing job in other higher posts with better salary. Even your humbleness to accept a job offer of a lab assistant is also appreciable.

You can definitely go for higher studies. Since you have already got the post graduation status, so you can go for the Phd degree now. It will be more beneficial to you since after Phd you can get into the research field or the teaching field. India is facing a shortage of technical teachers. So there is big chance in the field of teaching in various institutes offering technical courses.

But you have an excellent experience record. You can easily get jobs in various institutes that offer computer courses and also you can try for various IT companies who are in need of php developers. However, it is important that you should do all this while you are pursuing PhD. This will ensure to get in touch with the world market, make you understand of the present crisis in the IT field and also keep an alternative option at your hand after completion of your PhD course.

CVs are shortlisted on various criterias, the most important one being the qualification required for the job and the experience of the candidates. Since you have both and if you pursue PhD, you can get higher roles in the company which might include project lead, project coordinators,etc.
30th December 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I am an MCA and i want to do my PHD (computer science), can i take direct addmission or i have to do M Phil befor that?
Please reply.
8th January 2014, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

I M NEAR TO COMPLETE MY MCA ... WHAT R D FIELDS OH PH D IN CA DEPARTMNT?
31st May 2014, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I have so many doubts. Is Mca correct option to deuelop ours career? During mca is there any job offers?
24th December 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

i was completed my M.C.A in 2004.Now I am working as Lab Assistant.Now is it better to do M.Tech or M.B.A or Ph.D ? what is the better Option?why? Please give me the correct suggestion.
12th July 2015, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

I have done my Bca , Mca after that i wants to go for further study so should I do M tech or phd plz suggest me which course is better for me
PARUL
23rd April 2019, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed mca(ignou) st 2007. I have 5 years of teaching experience in school. Am I eligible for college?
8th September 2019, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir. I completed mca and m.tech. I'm working as a lecturer in aided college. I want to do phd. Is it necessary for me to pass NET. Please guide me sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?