24th June 2016, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of B.Sc(bio) and M.A(edu)?

My question is that I did my graduation in Bio 2008 and PG in edu 2011, and I want to do PhD. But I don't know I can do it or not if yes than how it can be. What I have to do. Is there any exam processor which subject I have to prepare for the exam.

Related Questions:
24th June 2016, 07:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of B.Sc(bio) and M.A(edu)?

Yes, if you have MA degree with 55% marks then surely you will be eligible for Ph.D admission through entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.

You will be eligible for Ph.D in that stream in which you have done your post graduation. Hence, just be prepared for the admission entrance exam and interview.
25th June 2016, 09:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of B.Sc(bio) and M.A(edu)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My question is that I did my graduation in Bio 2008 and PG in edu 2011, and I want to do PhD. But I don't know I can do it or not if yes than how it can be. What I have to do. Is there any exam processor which subject I have to prepare for the exam.
You have completed post graduation degree in Education, So you are eligible for Ph.D course. But you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?