21st February 2015, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after M.Tech?

If a student do btech and then mtech then can he also do phd in a subject? Is that possible to do? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria required for doing Ph.D? Can someone provide me the complete details on the same? I need to know the information for this soon as possible. Thank you.

Related Questions:
21st February 2015, 11:30 PM
Azhar mohamed

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after M.Tech?

Yeah of coz you are eligible for doing a Ph.D....regarding the ekegibility criteria it solely depends on where you want to do it from.(you could get back to me via mail/call)
22nd February 2015, 02:58 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If a student do btech and then mtech then can he also do phd in a subject? Is that possible to do? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria required for doing Ph.D? Can someone provide me the complete details on the same? I need to know the information for this soon as possible. Thank you.
Yes, of course you are eligible for Ph.D course after completing M. Tech. Those candidates who have completed their Master degree are eligible to apply for a PhD. Since, M. Tech is also considered as a Master degree course. So, definitely you are eligible for M. Tech course.

Eligibility Criteria:

Master degree holders with 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC) are eligible to apply for PhD course. Candidates can apply for PhD course in any of the specialization streams in based on the Master degree course.

Apart from this, those candidates who have attained and clear the entrance exam conducted by the respective university. Those candidates who are cleared the UGC NET/SLET exam can directly attend the interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?