6th April 2014, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for M.Tech, M.Tech (Res) and PhD in IITs?

Sir

I am a BPharm(2007-11) student having cleared GATE in BIOTECHNOLOGY with a Gate score of 380.
I want to know whether i am eligible for applying MTech,MTech(Res),Phd in IITs.
Can i apply for NIPERJEE with this qualification?
Pls let me know as soon as possible.

7th April 2015, 01:30 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Eligibility for M.Tech, M.Tech (Res) and PhD in IITs?

Since you have done B.Pharm, continuing either MBA in Pharmaceuticals or MS in Pharmaceuticals will be best. For this I suggest you to give NIPERJEE, instead of doing M.Tech. You have got a very high GATE score. With this you will be able to join M.Tech in any IIT institutes of India. Of course you will again have to clear their internal interview, before you get admitted. But then only, after clearing M.Tech., can you apply for PhD. For this again you will have to sit for an entrance examination. Your GATE score will be valid for 2 years. But M.Tech course is also for 2 years. So for getting admitted in PhD. program you have to sit for GATE again. Whereas, NIPERJEE is meant for M.S. and PhD. both in Pharmaceuticals. Also M.S. courses are highly appreciated by companies abroad. So I think sitting for NIPERJEE will be best option for you.
7th February 2020, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b. Sc nursing with 57% marks from west Bengal university of health science..... Can I eligible for appearing GATE exam for doing M. Tech on biotechnology from IIT.....
9th September 2021, 01:33 PM
Minal F

Eligibility criteria for M.Tech Research:-

Candidates who have completed B.Tech or MS degree are eligible for this course.

Duration For this course is 2years + 6 months

Admission Process:-
GATE
NET Entrance exam based
Written Test and Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?