16th April 2016, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in any course after completion of post graduation from distance mode?

I have done my pg in distance mode from ugc
Recognized university with 60%. Can I do PhD in my
Subject? If yes, pls tell me how. I need to know the complete steps which I need to follow.

Related Questions:
  1. Where I can do the B.Ed course via distance mode after completion of Ph.D in Psychology?
  2. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D after post graduation in distance mode?
  3. Am I eligible for PhD after completion of MBA and CA-Articleship? Universities offering PhD in external or distance mode?
  4. From where can I pursue PhD in Sociology through distance mode?
  5. Am I eligible for PhD having done PGDM from ITS with dual specialization?
  6. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  7. Possibilities of doing Master degree in Agriculture after Diploma in same through distance mode?
  8. What are the chances of doing Journalism after Graduation in B.Sc. Science through distance mode?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Phil in distance mode?
  10. Eligibility to do B.Ed in Kerala after 43% in graduation and 50% in post graduation?
  11. Am I eligible to do PH.D course after completion of masters through distance mode?
  12. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc in Microbiology from distance mode?
  14. Eligibility for Associate Professor in colleges after PhD and Masters from distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  16. Am I eligible for Indian Economic Services exam after completion of post graduation course via distance mode? Can someone let me know on the eligibility criteria followed for the IES exam?
  17. Can i get admission in PG course with 4 arrears in B.Sc. (Physics) course?
  18. B.ed eligibility after getting less than 50% in post graduation?
17th April 2016, 07:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in any course after completion of post graduation from distance mode?

Yes, distance mode post graduation degree is accepted for various Ph.D entrance exams. Just try to perform well in the entrance exam and you will definitely get admission.

55% marks is the minimum requirement for Ph.D admission which you already have. Therefore, just try to qualify exams like NET/SET/GATE for getting admission in a top university.
18th April 2016, 10:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in any course after completion of post graduation from distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Subject? If yes, pls tell me how. I need to know the complete steps which I need to follow.
You have completed post graduation degree from UGC recognized university with 60% marks, so you are eligible for Ph.D course. But you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
19th April 2016, 12:44 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible to do PhD course after the completion of Post Graduation from distance mode. The eligibility to do PhD is a pass in Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with 55% marks from a recognized university. There will be an entrance examination for the admission to the course. You have to clear the entrance and interview to get a PhD admission. The PhD course is available in many disciplines in many universities in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?