20th April 2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mumbai or Pune if I have secure 52% marks in M.Sc?

I have completed my M.Sc. & secured 52.9% in the same. m i eligible to do Ph.D in Mumbai or Pune & if so what is the criteria???? i belong to an open category. Can you give me the answer for my query as soon as possible? I just wanted to know the eligibility and then take the next steps.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Ph.D in Pune or Mumbai University?
  2. What are the best colleges for PhD in Mumbai? Eligibility to do PhD?
  3. Am I eligible to take admission in Pune University after scoring 80 marks and doing graduation in BSc computer science from Mumbai university
  4. Date of PET entrance exam? Is there any coaching in Maharashtra or Delhi?
  5. Joining as JRF to do PhD
  6. Am I eligible for PhD from Mumbai University having 46% in MA?
  7. Can I do MSc in Biochemistry after doing BSc in Biotechnology Which are the colleges in Mumbai and Pune to do MSc in Biochemistry?
  8. How to secure admission in a government medical college at Mumbai and Pune? I am from open category
  9. Is Phd preferable over M.Sc and then PhD? Colleges offering integrated PhD in Mumbai?
  10. Can I take admission in MSc in mumbai university after completing BSc in Pune University
  11. Procedure to get admission in PhD program if cleared Pre-PhD interview in Pune University?
  12. What is integrated PhD? Difference between M.Sc, PhD and integrated PhD?
  13. After M.Sc can I apply for PhD in any other University or Mumbai University?
  14. List of guides for PhD in Mumbai -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which college can I get in Hyderabad after scoring 88 in EAMCET?
  16. Candidates who are having B.Tech, PGDM or M.L.L. & L.W. Degrees are eligible to do PhD in Mathematics?
  17. List of the colleges and universities offering part time Ph.D in Herbal Science/Biology subjects in Mumbai and Pune?
  18. Which subjects to choose to do MSc after BSc Biochemistry in Mumbai and Pune University? What is the syllabus for the entrance exam?
20th April 2015, 03:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mumbai or Pune if I have secure 52% marks in M.Sc?

As far as UGC guidelines one must have at least 55% marks in Master's degree to become eligible for Ph.D admission in India. For candidates who belong to reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks for Ph.D admission. Hence, your only chance for Ph.D admission is when you belong to reserved category. Hence, apply for admission if you belong to reserved category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?