15th March 2022, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PhD having 54.98% in Master degree?

I have got 54.98% in master degree & i would like to do phd as part time. Please let me know will I be eligible or not

15th March 2022, 12:02 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD having 54.98% in Master degree?

°°° The required minimum qualification for admission to PhD programs will normally be a two years Masters or a degree from any accredited Indian or foreign university in the relevant field.
The candidate must have obtained 55% marks or equivalent grade in the master's degree however relaxation of 5% is provided to reserved category students.
With the percentile of 54.9 8% you are not eligible to pursue PhD but if you belong to any reserved category then you are eligible.

It would be better if you talk with the authority is regarding this because if you round of your percentage and it will become 55% and then on the basis of it you will be eligible but regarding that you have to discuss with the authorities where you want to seek admission.
15th March 2022, 02:27 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, you're not eligible for PhD with 54.98% in Master degree.

Eligibility criteria for PhD:-

The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph.D Program shall normally be a two years Master’s OR M.Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She/he must have obtained 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master’s or M.Phil Degree (applicable for all PhD programs except in Engineering and Technology).
15th March 2022, 03:34 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for pursuing PhD the basic qualification required is a master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate (without rounding off) from a recognized university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed in case of reserved category candidates.

So, having managed 54.98% marks in your Master degree course, you are eligible for PhD admissions only if you belong to reserved category.
15th March 2022, 04:27 PM
Msdhoni02

Am I eligible for PhD having 54.98% in Master degree?

The minimum requirement for entry to an Indian PhD is a Masters degree in a relevant subject, usually with an overall grade of at least 55% (or the equivalent).

There is 5% relaxation in percentage to the students of reserved category.

Candidates will also be expected to have the necessary language skills for their course.
15th March 2022, 04:51 PM
periwinkle09876

To pursue PhD, the candidate should have minimum educational qualification of masters degree from a recognised university or Institute with at least 55% aggregate marks and relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates of SC/ST and OBC categories.
As you have 54.9 8% in master degree therefore, you are not eligible.
However if you belong to any reserved category then definitely you will get admission anywhere you want.
15th March 2022, 05:11 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Am I eligible for Ph.D. having 54.98% in Master's degree?

Most institutions require that candidates hold an honors degree or a master's degree with high academic standing, along with a bachelor's degree with at least upper second-class honors.

In some cases, you can also apply for a Ph.D. simply on the basis of your master's degree grades.
15th March 2022, 05:32 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for PhD:-

The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph. D Program shall normally be a two years Master's OR M. Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field.

She/he must have obtained 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master's .
15th March 2022, 06:22 PM
Muskan 0786
Senior Member++

No, minimum marks required to do PhD is 55%marks in masters degree.
15th March 2022, 06:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- As per the rules to be eligible to pursue PhD the candidate should have minimum qualification of Masters in the same discipline from a recognised University with at least 55% aggregate marks and relaxation of 5% is provided to the candidates who belong to scheduled caste, Scheduled tribe and other backward classes.

However, if you round of your marks then it will become 55% from 54.98% and you can apply because it might be possible that the University may considered the round of percentage.
15th March 2022, 06:38 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

As,I know to do PhD , candidates must have a post graduate degree with minimum 55%marks not less than that .
15th March 2022, 08:29 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who have completed their masters in relevant subject with atleast 55% marks from a recognised university are eligible for PhD .

5 % relaxation is provided to sc/st candidates.

If a candidate belongs to reserved categories , then they can easily avail admission.
With 54.9 % also, a candidate can apply for admission, there are chances of him getting admission in a good college.
16th March 2022, 05:22 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to study PhD is a candidate must have passed a Master's degree in the concerned subject with a minimum score of 55% marks or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale from a recognized university. A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% may be allowed for SC/ST/OBC categories. Admission selection is done on the basis of performance in the entrance test followed by an interview which is usually conducted by the university itself.
16th March 2022, 08:17 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The required minimum education qualification for admission to a PhD program shell normally be a 2 years Master's or M.phil degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She / he must have obtained 55% marks or equivalent grade in the Master's or M.phil course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?