3rd May 2017, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to do direct PhD on Landscape Architecture without a master degree? Scope in India after PhD?

Hello sir, I am in final year of Bachelor of Architecture course and want to do PhD on Landscape Architecture topic. Please tell me procedure to do direct PhD without master degree? Scopes in India after PhD in this stream?

Related Questions:
4th May 2017, 09:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to do direct PhD on Landscape Architecture without a master degree? Scope in India after PhD?

I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue Ph.D course on Landscape Architecture after the completion of bachelors degree course in the relevant field. You must have to gain a Masters degree course in the same field to do Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
5th May 2017, 12:05 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to do direct PhD on Landscape Architecture without a master degree? Scope in India after PhD?

No, you are not eligible to do PhD without doing masters. The candidate must have scored a minimum of 55% in his/her masters from a recognized university to pursue PhD. There are many scope in India if you will complete your PhD in landscape Architecture. You will design the parks, residential complex, schools, hospitals, cemeteries, commercial malls, etc.
25th January 2019, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Things have been changed in 2016. Please go through the latest norm. As professional degree has been declared as equivalent as masters degree. So its indeed possible doing P.hd after B.Arch. The only condition is the student has to have a unique academic background with a valid GATE score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?