7th October 2020, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue PhD(Commerce) if completed MCom around 9 years ago?

Hi everyone, I have completed my MCom around 9 years ago. Now, I want to pursue PhD in Commerce. Am I eligible to do PhD in Commerce with such an academic gap? Kindly tell me immediately.

11th October 2020, 12:10 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD(Commerce) if completed MCom around 9 years ago?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue PhD(Commerce) if you completed MCom around 9 years ago.

You can secure admission through UGC NET entrance exam.

There is no age restrictions to pursue PhD program.

Your score in MCom should be greater than 55% to appear in UGC NET.

Without UGC NET exam you can get admission is PhD program.
11th October 2020, 08:33 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD(Commerce) if completed MCom around 9 years ago?

Eligibility criteria for PhD in commerce:-

> Candidates who have qualified their post graduation degree in commerce or M.Phil degree with a minimum aggregate of 55% Max and a book from a recognised University list under UGC/AIU are eligible for admission to the program.
> some reputed colleges and universities will also hold group discussion and personal interview.
> Having a relevant work experience of 4 years either field of teaching / administration is beneficial to the program
13th October 2020, 06:48 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to study PhD in Commerce after completing MCom around 9 years ago. There is no age bar to apply for this course and you can continue your further studies at any age as per your choice and circumstances. The educational qualification required to apply for this course is a candidate must have passed Master's degree in the relevant field with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Admission selection will be done on the basis of performance in entrance test which is mostly conducted by the university itself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?