11th October 2017, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Sc Mathematics with 56.7% marks eligible to appear in NET JRF exam? Age criteria and other requirements?

Sir, I have passed B.Sc Mathematics with 56.7% marks and want to know am I eligible to appear in NET JRF exam? Age criteria and other requirements to appear in the exam?

17th October 2017, 09:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc Mathematics with 56.7% marks eligible to appear in NET JRF exam? Age criteria and other requirements?

No, B.Sc maths is not the required qualification for NET JRF. You need to have M.Sc maths qualification to become eligible for NET JRF as well as lectureship.

Those who have B.Tech degree are only eligible for NET JRF. B.Sc is not equivalent to B.Tech or any professional degree.
25th October 2017, 09:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc Mathematics with 56.7% marks eligible to appear in NET JRF exam? Age criteria and other requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have passed B.Sc Mathematics with 56.7% marks and want to know am I eligible to appear in NET JRF exam? Age criteria and other requirements to appear in the exam?
No, B.Sc in Mathematics candidates are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

The educational qualification required for UGC NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for UGC NET exam.

There are no age criteria for UGC NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?