1st March 2017, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Ph.D in distance mode if I have completed MA history with 57 percentage?

I am tinku paul. I have MA in history 57%. How l complete my Ph.D in distance. It is possible?. l am a high school teacher. How l can do it?. I complete my BDP in nsou. I complete MA in RBU. Can you please guide me on this? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure followed to do Ph.D History in distance mode while working as a high school teacher?
  2. Can I apply to study PhD in Finance through distance mode after completing BBA CA in regular mode and NAV Finance in distance mode?
  3. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  4. Criteria to obtain PhD in Economics? Universities providing PhD in distance mode?
  5. How can I pursue PhD in Hindi distance mode after completing MA Hindi from IGNOU?
  6. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  7. Is it possible for me to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode?
  8. Am I eligible to study Ph.D in Computer Science if completed M.Sc with 55.55% marks? Universities offering Ph.D in Computer Science through Distance Mode in India?
  9. Percentage required in M.A. to study PhD in History?
  10. How can I do M.Phil or PhD through distance learning? Universities and study centres in West Bengal for doing M.Phil and PhD through distance education mode?
  11. Can I study PhD in History having completed Master's Degree through Distance Learning?
  12. In which university I should study PhD in History through Distance Education being a Government employee?
  13. How to apply for distance PhD next year if missed this year?
  14. What is the course fee for doing distance Ph.D in History with list of universities to apply?
  15. Am I eligible to pursue IAS after completing BA(History) from distance mode?
  16. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry in distance? List of universities offering courses in distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is it valuable to study distance PhD in Chemistry for a postgraduate?
  18. Is it possible to study PhD if completed distance M.Sc in Microbiology?
3rd March 2017, 11:14 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D in distance mode if I have completed MA history with 57 percentage?

Yes, it is possible to pursue PhD in distance, a candidate needs a minimum of 55% marks in Master's degree for general candidate and for a candidate who is other than general like OBC/SC/ST minimum marks required is 50% in Master's degree. Minimum duration is 2 years and the maximum duration is 5 years and the course fee will be RS. 17,000-20,000 per month.
3rd March 2017, 12:45 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D in distance mode if I have completed MA history with 57 percentage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am tinku paul. I have MA in history 57%. How l complete my Ph.D in distance. It is possible?. l am a high school teacher. How l can do it?. I complete my BDP in nsou. I complete MA in RBU. Can you please guide me on this? Thank you!

Yes, you can apply for PhD History in distance mode if you have completed MA History with 57% marks. The PhD in History is available to study in IGNOU through distance mode. As you have studied MA History and scored 57% marks in it, you are eligible to do PhD History in IGNOU. You have to appear for the national level Entrance Examination conducted by the University for taking admission. Those who have qualified the entrance examination will be duly informed and called for interview/viva before the Doctoral Committee. You can apply online or can contact the study center for admission. The IGNOU website link is Click Here
3rd March 2017, 02:29 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue Ph.D through distance mode you should have completed master's degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. Candidates have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the institute itself. Hence, after qualifying the examination you can start your Ph.D course. As you have completed MA History with 57% marks, so you can apply for Ph.D in distance mode.
3rd March 2017, 08:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed M.A in History with 57% marks so you are eligible to do Ph.D course in Distance mode.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
3rd March 2017, 08:08 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely apply for the Ph.D course through distance mode after the completion of your MA in History with 57% of marks in it, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course trough distance mode also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?