8th March 2023, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MPhil in mathematics after completing my MCA?

Can I do MPhil in mathematics after completing my MCA? I'm an honours(maths) graduate with 58% marks..currently persuing my MCA(final year)...Plz reply soon.

8th March 2023, 10:09 PM
4700BC

Default Re: Can I do MPhil in mathematics after completing my MCA?

MPhil in Mathematics is a research-oriented program that allows students to specialize in a particular area of mathematics and conduct independent research under the guidance of a faculty member.

To be eligible for MPhil in Mathematics, candidates must have a master's degree in Mathematics or a related field with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. Some universities may also require the candidate to clear an entrance exam before being considered for admission.

Since you have an honours degree in Mathematics and are currently pursuing MCA, Yes, you can do an MPhil in Mathematics after completing your MCA. You should check with the universities where you are interested in pursuing the MPhil in Mathematics to see what their specific requirements are.

It's also worth noting that pursuing an MPhil in Mathematics may be beneficial if you are interested in pursuing a career in research, academia, or as a mathematics teacher at the college or university level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?