29th April 2015, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study MCA after completing B.Sc(Mathematics)?

Respected Sir,
I want to do MCA after completing
my B.Sc(Mathematics) pursuing
from Delhi University. So, I am eligible
for doing MCA after my B.Sc?

1st May 2015, 07:39 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MCA after completing B.Sc(Mathematics)?

If you want to pursue MCA after completion of your Graduate degree B.Sc in Mathematics then you need to know that to apply for admission in MCA course a candidate should have :

Completed bachelor's degree in Computer Application or Computer Science from a recognized university.

Candidate must have studied mathematics at 12th and graduation level exams but some universities requires any one of these eligibility means candidate should have studied mathematics either at 12th or graduation level.

You must have at least 55% marks in graduation in aggregate then only your application will be accepted.

To get admission in MCA course, you need to clear entrance examination of the institute/ university/ college/ state government conducted every year before starting of batch.

There are so many entrance exams of MCA available but before that, you will have to decide that in which university/ institute you want to get admission then only you can get knowledge of entrance exam of that particular institute and may start preparation.

State government also conduct Pre MCA test and only few state governments conducts this test such as MP, UP etc. so you may also apply for Pre MCA test of these states and may get admission in MCA colleges under these states.

MCA is a very good master's degree course that is demanded in most of the MNCs and candidate having good knowledge of computer application with MCA can not stay at home without a very good and reputed job that is why you must know the importance of this course and study well and collect more knowledge.

You can become Computer Programmer, Computer / System Analyst, Computer Languages Analyst, Software Manager, Hardware Manager, Computer Server Manager, Computer Security Manager, Computer Operation Manager and other low level posts as well.

If you think to get government job after MCA then you must know that these relevant posts are also recruited in IT department of the government so you must be ready with your degree and knowledge to have a great career ahead.
1st May 2015, 09:53 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course, you are eligible for MCA course after completing B.SC (Mathematics). To get admission in MCA course, you need to crack the entrance examination, which is conducted by their respective university. The entrance exam notification will be published in the month of March / April in the official website of the respective university. Let's see the eligibility criteria to apply for MCA course.

MCA i.e Master of Computer Application. The duration of this course is three years and the course is divided into six semesters. Basic Educational Qualification to apply for this examination is that applicants should have completed 10+2+3 pattern degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The applicant's who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. There should be no backlogs at the time of appearing for entrance examination. Final year of degree course may also apply for entrance examination. Applicant must have studied mathematics at intermediate level.

MCA course deals with computer application. The course includes C, C++, Java, Data structures, Operating System, Object Oriented Design System, Data mining, Software Engineering, Design Analysis & Algorithm, Network Programming, Database, Mathematics, Statistics, Middle ware, Mobile computing and software project management.
1st May 2015, 12:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I want to do MCA after completing
my B.Sc(Mathematics) pursuing
from Delhi University. So, I am eligible
for doing MCA after my B.Sc?
Yes, B.Sc in Mathematics candidates are eligible for MCA entrance exam.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.

List of the MCA entrance exams are, NIMCET, IIT-JAM, JNU, DU, VITMEE, TANCET, RMCAT, OLET (Haryana), BHU, IPU, KMAT etc.
1st May 2015, 03:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for MCA admission if you have got at least 50% marks in B.Sc Maths which is the minimum criteria for admission in most of the Universities. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks. In some Universities they ask for 60% or 55% marks also for entrance exam of MCA.

You have studied Maths, therefore, you don't face any issue for MCA admission. All you have to do is appear for entrance exam and get a excellent rank. If you are able to score top marks then you will definitely get admission without any issues.
1st May 2015, 08:46 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Masters of Computer application(MCA) is a Post Graduation Information Technology Course.

Eligibility to study MCA

* The candidate must have completed his graduation from any reputed university can apply for the MCA.

* The candidate must have Mathematics as subject in Graduation or 10+2.

* The candidate who completed his B.Sc can also eligible to study MCA.

* The candidate must have completed his/her graduation with at least 50% of marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?