4th June 2017, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D directly from Gujarat University based on 55% marks in M.Com?

I have 55 % in M.Com semester 3rd. Can I do Ph.D. directly from Gujarat University? If I can do then what is duration of it?

Related Questions:
4th June 2017, 11:35 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D directly from Gujarat University based on 55% marks in M.Com?

To get admission in PhD course you have to give UGC NET exam. Candidates who have completed their post graduation with minimum of 55% marks are eligible for this exam. Minimum duration of this course is 3 years. Thanks
5th June 2017, 12:59 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D directly from Gujarat University based on 55% marks in M.Com?

Yes, you can pursue PhD Commerce from Gujarat University which is 2 years long. As you have completed your M.Com with 55% marks, so you are eligible to pursue PhD. In order to help you I have attached a link below where you will be able to find out the rules & regulations, the admission procedure and other related details for PhD admissions in Gujarat University. Find the attachment below and go through it carefully, so that you don't miss any important detail.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PhD_Admissions-_Rules_Regulations.pdf(200.6 KB, 277 views)
5th June 2017, 10:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For Ph.D admission the minimum qualification required is 55% marks in post graduation. You are definitely eligible to apply for admission, but there will be entrance exam and interview before admission. You will get admission only on merit.

The duration of Ph.D mostly varies from 2 years to 5 years. It depends on you to complete your thesis in given time. Those who have got NET/SET or M.Phil qualification, are exempted from entrance exam.
6th June 2017, 12:01 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue for Ph.D course in a particular stream, you must have to score 55% of marks in aggregate in your relevant Masters degree course from a recognised University, then only you will be eligible for pursuing Ph.D course.
So, you must complete your M.Com course with 55% of aggregate marks, then you will be very much eligible for doing Ph.D course.
The duration of Ph.d course is basically 2 to 5 years.
6th June 2017, 10:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 55 % in M.Com semester 3rd. Can I do Ph.D. directly from Gujarat University? If I can do then what is duration of it?
No, you can't get admission Ph.D course directly in Gujarat University. But you should qualify UGC NET exam.

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized University then you are eligible for M.Phil course.

The minimum duration for Ph.D course is 3 to 6 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?