17th October 2014, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Whether to go for M.Phill first or rather should apply for PhD directly?

I have completed my Masters in English from Delhi University with 55% marks in the year 2009. i want to pursue higher studies in the same field. but m not sure whether to go for MPhill first or rather should apply for PhD directly. Please guide me regarding this and also do tell me if MPhill is not mandatory than which universities are more reputed/preferred for doing PhD in English ? Help.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I take industrial experience or can I enroll for PhD directly in Europe?
  2. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com?
  3. Details on how to join M.Phil in commerce and Ph.D in Commerce? What is the name of the entrance for M.Phil in Commerce or Ph.D in Commerce? Percentage of marks required to join the course?
  4. After MCA can I do PhD in Computer Science or I will have to do research first?
  5. Can I pursue PhD directly after Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master degree is mandatory?
  6. What is advisable M.Phil and then PhD or directly PhD?
  7. Institutes offering M.Phil in Biochemistry?
  8. M.Phil or PhD in English or Sociology from distance mode in less amount?
  9. Is it necessary to do M.Phil or directly PhD can be done in Christian studies?
  10. Options for Higher Education After BSc Physics?
  11. Eligibility criteria for PhD in AI and Robotics from IISC?
  12. Eligibility criteria to join PhD in AI and Robotics?
  13. Should I have to do M.Sc before PhD in Canada? In which universities of Canada seats are easily available?
  14. How may I do Ph.D course for Assistant professor? I'm a government employee in LICI in Assam?
  15. Can anyone enter into PhD course immediately after UG?
  16. In which universities of USA I can apply directly for PhD in Physics? What are their requirements?
  17. How may I do Ph.D without doing M.Tech? How may I get details for the same?
  18. List of Universities offering M.Phil or Ph.D in Management studies? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd October 2014, 10:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether to go for M.Phill first or rather should apply for PhD directly?

It is better to go for Ph.D directly, if you are getting admission in a good university. Master's degree with 55% marks is the required criteria for Ph.D in English from most of the universities in India.

Top universities as for valid NET/SET scores for Ph.D admission and if you have these scores, then you can surely get admission in a reputed university.

Universities also conduct their own entrance exam for Ph.D admission, when there is non availability of NET qualified candidates available and seats are vacant.

Therefore, apply for admission in as many universities as possible because Ph.D seats are very less in most top universities.
23rd October 2014, 10:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether to go for M.Phill first or rather should apply for PhD directly?

It is better to go for Ph.D directly, if you are getting admission in a good university. Master's degree with 55% marks is the required criteria for Ph.D in English from most of the universities in India.

Top universities as for valid NET/SET scores for Ph.D admission and if you have these scores, then you can surely get admission in a reputed university.

Universities also conduct their own entrance exam for Ph.D admission, when there is non availability of NET qualified candidates available and seats are vacant.

Therefore, apply for admission in as many universities as possible because Ph.D seats are very less in most top universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?