15th June 2017, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D in special education after doing MSW?

Sir, I have done diploma in special education (MR) & I did B.Ed. social science & I have completed my MSW PG. Now, I want to do PhD in special education my qualification is eligible for that, I want to know.

Related Questions:
  1. Career and Job opportunities for MSW? I am currently studying in final year B.A(Sociology) through distance education
  2. How to do Ph.D in MSW in correspondence after scoring 55% in MSW?
  3. Which university is best to do Ph.D after completion of MSW?
  4. Details about entrance exam for PhD in Special Education?
  5. Details and eligibility to study PhD(Special Education) through M.Ed for B.Ed student?
  6. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  7. Detailed information and eligibility to study Ph.D in Social Work for MSW postgraduate?
  8. List of colleges offering B.Ed course in special education and diploma in special education through correspondence? What should I opt either B.Ed or diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to do Ph.D in correspondence mode?
  10. Where can I take admission in MA(Education) or MSW? Other colleges which are better?
  11. How can I study MSW in regular mode? Colleges in Hyderabad for this course?
  12. Details of the universities offering M.Phil/Ph.D in Special Education? What is the eligibility criteria?
  13. List of UGC affiliated colleges offering PhD(Special Education)? Benefits through this course?
  14. List of colleges offering B.Ed course in special education and diploma in special education through correspondence? What should I opt either B.Ed or diploma?
  15. Qualification to apply for MSW? Percentage required and subjects to study?
  16. List of universities which offer PhD in Social work to MSW postgraduate in Hyderabad?
  17. Detailed information about PhD for Master of Social Work candidate?
  18. Possibility to study Part Time PhD after completing MSW(Community Development)? List of universities in India?
15th June 2017, 05:49 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in special education after doing MSW?

Eligibility criteria required for Ph.D in special education :-

M.Ed./ M.A. (Education)/ Master’s degree in Special Education (M.Ed. (Spl.) from any accredited Indian or Foreign University with a minimum of 55% marks or grade point average.
16th June 2017, 09:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have done diploma in special education (MR) & I did B.Ed. social science & I have completed my MSW PG. Now, I want to do PhD in special education my qualification is eligible for that, I want to know.
You have completed MSW course so you can do Ph.D course but your masters degree marks must be above 50%.

Yes, you can apply for Ph.d course in Special Education.

You must have a valid UGC NET score card.
16th June 2017, 09:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can Ph.D in Special Education after doing MSW course. There is a certain eligibility criteria required to pursue Ph.D in Special Education course.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree (Post Graduation) from a recognized university.

>> Ph.D in Special Education course is a 5 year doctoral program and minimum qualification required is Master's degree.

>> As you are done with MSW PG course, I am sure you are eligible to apply for doing this course.

Some of the colleges offering this Ph.D in Special Education are,

* Department of Education, Gujarat
http://gujarat-education.gov.in/education/

* Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped
http://ayjnihh.nic.in/index.asp

* Dr.Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University
http://dsmru.up.nic.in/

* Avinashilingam University
http://avinuty.ac.in/maincampus/
17th June 2017, 12:50 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for PhD in Special Education after completing MSW course. You need to complete Master Degree or its equivalent qualification from a recognized with at least 55% and relaxation will be given for reserved category candidates up to 5% of marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?