19th May 2015, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D in Zoology after M.Sc in zoology seven years back? Admission procedure and colleges for the same?

i have passed out m.sc in zoology with gold medal in the year Can ,from guru ghasidas university,chhattishgarh.Now i want to do Ph.D in zoology.
can i done this?
from where i can done my Ph.d?
what is the admission procedure?

19th May 2015, 07:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Zoology after M.Sc in zoology seven years back? Admission procedure and colleges for the same?

Yes, you can certainly do if you fulfill the percentage criteria. You must have at least 55% marks in your Master's degree from a recognized University to become eligible for Ph.D admission in India. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

If you want to get admission in top colleges then you should clear exams like NET/GATE/SLET/JRF as most of them prefer candidates with these scores for Ph.D admission. There are other entrance exams too for admission which is conducted mainly my the concerned University and you can apply for them too.
12th December 2018, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Zoology after M.Sc in zoology seven years back? Admission procedure and colleges for the same?

I am working in research organization and having experience in this field. I like to do Phd in zoology. How can it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?