13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD without NET qualification after M.Sc Computer Science in distance mode? What should I do for it?

I have done M.Sc Computer Science in distance mode from EIILM and now have come across options to do PhD without NET qualification. Is it possible? What should I do for it?

Related Questions:
  1. What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Which UGC recognized universities I can register with?
  2. Can I pursue Ph.D in computer science after MCA or MSc IT?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  4. Where to apply for PhD in Computer Science & Engineering in distance mode? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible to study Ph.D in Computer Science if completed M.Sc with 55.55% marks? Universities offering Ph.D in Computer Science through Distance Mode in India?
  6. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  7. Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?
  8. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  9. Details of distance universities in Coimbatore to do PhD in Computer Science?
  10. Can a M.Sc IT in distance mode do PhD in regular mode? Which stream should I choose?
  11. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry in distance? List of universities offering courses in distance mode?
  12. Ph.D in Computer science after MCA from Punjab Technical University in distance education?
  13. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible for distance M.Tech after doing MSc Computer Science(Distance)?
  15. Is it necessary to do M.Phil before PhD for MSW in distance? List of universities offering PhD in distance mode?
  16. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  17. How to do Ph.D while pursuing MSc IT from Kannurul University in distance mode
  18. Can I apply to study PhD in Finance through distance mode after completing BBA CA in regular mode and NAV Finance in distance mode?
17th August 2017, 01:29 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD without NET qualification after M.Sc Computer Science in distance mode? What should I do for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done M.Sc Computer Science in distance mode from EIILM and now have come across options to do PhD without NET qualification. Is it possible? What should I do for it?

Yes, you can do a PhD in IGNOU without NET qualification after completion of MSc Computer Science in distance mode. Candidates with MCA or MSc Computer Science qualifications from any recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to apply for a PhD in Computer Science at IGNOU. You have to clear the national level entrance examination conducted by the University. However, candidates who have cleared M.Phil/NET/SET/GATE shall be exempted from the entrance examination conducted by the university. You have to apply for a PhD by downloading the application from IGNOU website. IGNOU advertises for PhD programs twice a year, once for the January cycle and the second time for the July cycle. You can also contact IGNOU study center in person for more details or you can find the details in the IGNOU website link Click Here
17th August 2017, 03:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD without NET qualification after M.Sc Computer Science in distance mode? What should I do for it?

I am sorry to say that there is no such provision of pursuing Ph.D course without appearing and qualifying in the NET examination.
Candidates those who want to opt for the Ph.D course after the completion of their Masters degree course in a respective field must have to qualify in the NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear for the NET examination.
18th August 2017, 08:45 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No, UGC-NET examination is mandatory to do PhD course.
NET (National Eligibility Test) is conducted, for PhD admission in top colleges of India, by University Grant Commission twice in a year.
In order to appear for UGC-NET exam, you must have completed master's degree with 55% marks from a recognized university.
You need to appear and qualify in NET examination to get admission into PhD programme.
25th August 2017, 03:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, its possible to do Ph.D course, but your masters degree marks must be above 55%.

You can apply for Ph.D course in below given University.

Goa University
Ph. No: 0832 651 9048
Address: Taleigao Plateau, Bambolim, Goa-403001
https://www.unigoa.ac.in

Nalanga Open University
Ph. No: 0612 220 6916
Address: West Gandhi Maidan, 1st Floor, Biscoman Bhawan, Patna, Bihar-800001
http://www.nalandaopenuniversity.com

IGNOU
Ph. No: 011 2953 3869
Address: # RZ-A-44, Road Number 4, Block B, Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi, Delhi-110037
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?