27th November 2020, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a stipend to study PhD(English) at the Periyar University?

Hi friends, I am interested in studying for a PhD in English at Periyar University. I don’t know whether I will get a stipend or not for this PhD program in this university. So, I would like to know that I can get a stipend for this course in this university?

28th November 2020, 04:01 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get a stipend to study PhD(English) at the Periyar University?

Yes, You can get stipend to study PhD(English) at the Periyar University.

After your admission, you are eligible to get stipend of Rs. 25000 per month throughout the course.

You have to clear all selection procedure to get stipend.
16th February 2023, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a stipend to study PhD(English) at the Periyar University?

I would like to know that Periyar university providing gate scholarship during phd?
18th February 2023, 11:10 AM
Antonio 2023

Periyar University offers stipends to selected candidates pursuing PhD programs in English. The stipend is awarded to students who qualify for the University Grants Commission (UGC) Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) schemes.

To be eligible for the UGC JRF or RGNF, you need to clear the National Eligibility Test (NET) or the State Eligibility Test (SET) in English, or hold an MPhil degree in English. You can find more information about the eligibility criteria and the application process on the university's website or by contacting the university's admission office.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?