10th November 2018, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Applied Mathematics if pursue MSc in Mathematics?

Sir, I am studying BSc in Mathematics. I am a student of 2nd year from Lucknow University. I want to do PhD in Applied Mathematics. So, if I do MSc in Mathematics after my BSc then I can apply for Applied Mathematics PhD program or not?

17th November 2018, 11:47 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Applied Mathematics if pursue MSc in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying BSc in Mathematics. I am a student of 2nd year from Lucknow University. I want to do PhD in Applied Mathematics. So, if I do MSc in Mathematics after my BSc then I can apply for Applied Mathematics PhD program or not?

Yes, you can study PhD in Applied Mathematics after completion of the MSc in Mathematics. Eligibility to study PhD in Applied Mathematics is a pass in MSc degree in Applied Mathematics or Mathematics or Statistics or Physics or MCA or ME/MTech in any branch of engineering with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. You have to appear for the PhD Admission Test and Interview for the admission to study PhD in Applied Mathematics program. You can study the course in various universities in India like GITAM University. You can find the details in the website link given Click Here
18th November 2018, 07:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Applied Mathematics if pursue MSc in Mathematics?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, candidates from M.Sc in Mathematics background are eligible to pursue this PhD in Applied Mathematics course. The detailed eligibility criteria is given below,

Name of the course - PhD in Applied Mathematics

>> Candidates who have completed their M.Sc in Applied Mathematics course or M.Sc Mathematics course or its equivalent qualification course are eligible to pursue this course.

>> Besides this, you are required to appear in any of the central government or that concerned college's PhD Entrance Examination in order to be eligible for pursuing this course. Some of the national level exams are, GATE, SET or NET..etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?