31st July 2018, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to pursue PhD in Mathematics for Applied Mathematics postgraduate?

Sir, I am studying Master’s in Applied Mathematics. This is my final year. I have a query that after my Post Graduation, I can study PhD in Mathematics? Is it possible for me? Please help me to know about this asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Mathematics or Applied Mathematics which is better to pursue in PhD?
  2. Detailed procedure and eligibility to do PhD for Applied Mathematics postgraduate?
  3. Detailed information about PhD(Mathematics) course offered in Pune University for M.Sc(Applied Mathematics) postgraduate?
  4. Eligibility to apply in Ph.D(Mathematics) if completed M.Sc in Applied Mathematics? List of institutes in India?
  5. Eligibility to study PhD in Mathematics for EE graduate? How can I get a chance for doing PhD in Mathematics?
  6. How can I get admission to study PhD in Mathematics in GNDU being a postgraduate?
  7. Chances to study PhD in Applied Mathematics for a B.Tech student?
  8. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  9. Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Does Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya offer PhD in Mathematics for a postgraduate?
  11. MPhil is mandatory to study PhD for Mathematics postgraduate?
  12. What should I do to study PhD in Mathematics being a postgraduate?
  13. Detailed information and eligibility to study Integrated PhD in Applied Mathematics in TIFR?
  14. How to study PhD in Mathematics in Odisha being an M.Sc postgraduate?
  15. List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics to a postgraduate in Montreal?
  16. How can I apply to study PhD in Mathematics at University of Cambridge being a M.Tech(Industrial Mathematics) postgraduate?
  17. Should I have to appear in GATE(Mathematics) to study Part Time PhD(Applied Mathematics) if working in MNC after M.Tech?
  18. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in Mathematics after completion of diploma in electrical and electronics engineering?
2nd August 2018, 03:09 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue PhD in Mathematics for Applied Mathematics postgraduate?

Eligibility to pursue PhD in Mathematics for Applied Mathematics postgraduate are given below.

=> Ph.D. Mathematics or Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics is Doctorate Mathematics course.

=> The duration of Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics course is three years.

=> For this course candidate should have passed master degree with at least 60% from a recognized university.

=> Also you have to appear in entrance examination like National Eligibility Test.

=> The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination so as per my suggestion you should score good marks in entrance examination.
3rd August 2018, 05:53 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue PhD in Mathematics for Applied Mathematics postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying Master’s in Applied Mathematics. This is my final year. I have a query that after my Post Graduation, I can study PhD in Mathematics? Is it possible for me? Please help me to know about this asap.

Candidates who have obtained a Master’s Degree in Mathematics with at least 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to pursue PhD Mathematics. They have to appear for an entrance examination and interview conducted by the university for the admission to pursue PhD Mathematics. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE in the relevant subject shall be exempted from the entrance examination. If the candidates fulfill the requirements, then they are eligible to pursue PhD Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?