28th October 2022, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Can M.Ed apply for UGC NET exams?

I had completed my B.com (B.ed , M.ed) and scored above 55% in all the exams so am I eligible to apply for UGC NET exams?

29th October 2022, 07:36 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can M.Ed apply for UGC NET exams?

Yes, M.Ed can apply for UGC NET exams.

You can appear in UGC NET exam having M.Ed degree.
You must have secured minimum 55% aggregate marks in post graduation to appear in UGC NET.
5% relaxation is available for SC/ST/OBC/PWD aspirants. If you want to appear in UGC NET for JRF then your age should be minimum 19 years and maximum 30 years.

30th October 2022, 11:02 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

As M.Ed is also considered as post graduation course therefore it makes you eligible for the exam.
Apart from educational qualification , one needs to fulfill all other eligibility criteria too , to appear for exam.

Must be an Indian National
Must have completed masters degree with atleast 55% marks from a recognised board.
Must not be more than 30 users as of 1 march 2022

30th October 2022, 01:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your M.Ed. (Master of Education) degree course with more than 55% marks you are certainly eligible for appearing in the UGC NET as far as the educational requirement for the same examination.

Further, I would like to let you know that there is no age limit in case you are not looking for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) through the same examination but in case you are interested in JRF then your age must not exceed 30 years. Upper age limit relaxation is allowed in case of reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For detailed information regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in.

30th October 2022, 03:10 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

The basic academic eligibility for UGC NET is post-graduation in any subjects. If you have pursued any other masters degree except M. Ed , then you are eligible to apply.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?