13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Chances to become a Lecturer without completing PhD after Masters in ME? Is NET required for it?

Dear sir, I am Masters in Mechanical engineering and want to become a Lecturer. I want to know can I become Lecturer without completing PhD? Does NET required for it?

Related Questions:
  1. What to do after M.Com in economics to become a Lecturer? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is the M.Sc equivalent to NET JRF? Chances to become a permanent Lecturer in college without PhD even if I qualify NET? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Masters in psychology to become a lecturer after English Honors from DU
  4. Is correspondence masters degree enough to crack NET Hindi? Can I become a Lecturer?
  5. Chances to become a Lecturer in Abroad for a PhD Professor of B-School?
  6. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  7. Commerce post graduate can do PhD in Commerce? Scope after doing PhD?
  8. Is it necessary to appear in NET/SLET to become a Lecturer in UP and Delhi for a PhD holder?
  9. After completion of Masters in Journalism what should be done in order to become a Lecturer of Journalism? -- [New]
  10. Am I eligible to become a Lecturer in a BBA College after completing MBA and PhD in Management?
  11. Eligiblity for becoming a permanent lecturer in the university
  12. Can I become a Professor/Lecturer without NET/SLET being a Biotechnology postgraduate?
  13. Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after 7 years of software development experience?
  14. What should I go for first between Ph.D and Lectureship? Name some institutes for pursing Ph.D with lecturer job.
  15. Guidance to pursue Ph.D course being a candidate having completed Masters in Mechanical and working as Lecturer?
  16. Chances to do PhD in Political Science through distance mode from University of Delhi? Can I become a +2 Lecturer after PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to join B.Tech after completion of MCA course?
  18. What are the qualifications required to do Ph.D? -- [Most Discussed]
17th August 2017, 12:39 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to become a Lecturer without completing PhD after Masters in ME? Is NET required for it?

I am sorry to say that you cannot become a Lecturer without completing your Ph.D course in the relevant field.
Candidates after completing their Ph.D course from a recognized University can either join in the research field or can apply for the post of Lecturer in different colleges.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
So, in order to pursue Ph.D course, you must have to qualify in the NET examination.
18th August 2017, 12:23 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Chances to become a Lecturer without completing PhD after Masters in ME? Is NET required for it?

Yes you can become a lecturer without completing PhD after masters in ME.
Let me inform you that you can probably become a lecturer at college or university with a masters degree only but can't be directly recruited as a professor with a masters degree.To become a professor you needs a professional degree that is a PhD.
In order to pursue PhD course, a candidate need to qualify UGC-NET entrance examination.
18th August 2017, 03:42 AM
Junior Member+

PHD is not required but NET is required for it. After post graduation and qualifying NET you can apply for assistant professor posts. But in Interview they prefer PHD holders first, OHD rewarded candidates got some points also in merit or selection process.
18th August 2017, 10:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For lecturer job in government colleges, you need to crack exam like NET/SET after masters degree. If you want to get job in any private college, then you can apply on the basis of ME degree also, but selection will be on the basis of interview.

For lecturer post, most of the reputed colleges prefer candidates with NET/SET scorecard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?