6th October 2017, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Chances to do direct PhD in Agronomy through CSIR NET exam? Terms and conditions for it?

I am studying B.Sc Agriculture course and after it want to study M.Sc and PhD in Agronomy. Can I do direct PhD in Agronomy through CSIR NET exam? Terms and conditions for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  2. Possibility to sit in CSIR JRF exam if got backlog in two subjects of BE 3rd year? Terms and conditions for me?
  3. In which entrance exam should I appear among CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, ARS-NET, ICAR-NET and SLET to do PhD?
  4. Can I get stipend to study PhD through CSIR-NET? -- [New]
  5. Can I study PhD in Applied Mathematics through CSIR-NET? Detailed information about CSIR-NET?
  6. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  7. Entrance exam for doing PHD in Pharmacy after M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  8. Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  9. CSIR-NET or UGC-NET, which is to appear for studying PhD in Sericulture for M.Sc postgraduate?
  10. How to get admission in PhD in Life Sciences after qualifying CSIR-NET? Cutoff marks required?
  11. Can I appear for CSIR NET Exam and UGC NET Exam being an MCA candidate? In what way I can pursue Ph.D course? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I apply in CSIR/UGC NET to get JRF if studying PhD from local university?
  13. Job opportunities after completing PhD in Environmental science (Senior research fellowship)?
  14. How to do PhD in Mathematics from University of Calcutta? Terms and conditions for it?
  15. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-NET/GATE to study PhD? What kind of fellowships I will get?
  16. Can I apply in CSIR/UGC NET to get JRF if studying PhD from deemed university?
  17. Admission process in Ph.D. under Organic Chemistry stream?
  18. Job opportunities after completing PhD Environmental science in CSIR institutes?
8th October 2017, 07:51 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Chances to do direct PhD in Agronomy through CSIR NET exam? Terms and conditions for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying B.Sc Agriculture course and after it want to study M.Sc and PhD in Agronomy. Can I do direct PhD in Agronomy through CSIR NET exam? Terms and conditions for it?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CSIR (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research) JRF after completing your B.Sc degree in agriculture, because for CSIR candidate having B.E/B.SC/B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MBBS or equivalent degree from government recognized institute.

>> NET exam is conducted by CSIR twice in a year mainly in the month of June and December.

>> In CSIR JRF exam applicant after bachelors degree are enrolled for integrated Ms, Ph.D course.

>> Applicant must have scored 55% marks, Relaxation of 5 % for reserve category candidates.

>> Age limit to apply for NET exam is 28 years, Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

>> for more details and apply online please visit www.csirhrdg.res.in.
9th October 2017, 08:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to do direct PhD in Agronomy through CSIR NET exam? Terms and conditions for it?

CSIR NET doesn't offer Agronomy subject, therefore, it will be difficult to get admission in such course through it. Just make sure that you are well prepared for UGC NET agriculture related subjects, which will surely help you to get admission in Ph.D.

Only NET score is not enough for admission and you have to perform excellently in the interview stage also, which will be conducted by the concerned university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?