11th October 2017, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Duration to complete PhD after B.Tech through NET JRF exam? Will I have to do M.Tech and M.Phil for PhD?

Sir, I am in final year of Mechanical Engineering and applied for NET JRF exam. I want to know how much time required to complete PhD through NET JRF exam? Will I have to do M.Tech and M.Phil for PhD?

17th October 2017, 09:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Duration to complete PhD after B.Tech through NET JRF exam? Will I have to do M.Tech and M.Phil for PhD?

Duration for Ph.D will be same, if you get admission on the basis of JRF after B.Tech degree. There is no need to complete masters and M.Phil qualifications.

Many B.Tech graduates these days opt for Ph.D at IITs on the basis of their GATE score too. If you are academically excellent, then B.Tech is not a lesser qualification my any means.
25th October 2017, 09:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Duration to complete PhD after B.Tech through NET JRF exam? Will I have to do M.Tech and M.Phil for PhD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am in final year of Mechanical Engineering and applied for NET JRF exam. I want to know how much time required to complete PhD through NET JRF exam? Will I have to do M.Tech and M.Phil for PhD?
Minimum 5 years required to do Ph.D course after completion B.Tech degree.

M.Tech or M.Phil course doesn't require to do Ph.D course for B.Tech degree holder. You can do Ph.D course through GATE or CSIR NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?