10th May 2016, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do Ph.D after qualifying NET JRF exam?

Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do phd after qualifying NET JRF exam?

respected sir,
i've two question which i want to ask me.please provide me the right direction
1)what is the procedure of college or university selection after qualifying net-jrf exam for phd .eg,whether it is done by the university grant commission or it is the the duty of the candidate to apply for the college??
2)how a employed person can do phd after qualifying net-jrf exam????in that case,how he can receive his fellowship and payment???

13th May 2016, 09:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do Ph.D after qualifying NET JRF exam?

Normally, the university concerned is responsible for admission under various Ph.D programmes. UGC just lay down the minimum criteria as well as the fellowships which are granted to student during research.

You have qualified JRF which makes you eligible for Ph.D admission without appearing for entrance exam. You just need to appear at interview which will be conducted by the university. Being an employed person you can apply for Ph.D admission without any problem but a part time or distance mode Ph.D will suit you. Therefore, just wait for the admission notification and apply accordingly on a prescribed format.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?