2nd May 2019, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Geology) in Karnatak University?

Respected Sir, I just want to know that if I am going to take admission in Karnatak University for PhD(Geology) then what is the eligibility criteria for admission? Kindly let me know about the eligibility asap.

5th May 2019, 08:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Geology) in Karnatak University?

You need to have a masters degree in geology or its related subject with at least 55% marks from a recognised university if you are looking for admission in PhD in Geology at Karnatak University. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for those who belong to reserved category.

Admission will be on the basis of merit which will be decided on the basis of written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. If you have got NET/SET/JRF in the concerned subject then you will be exempted from the written exam.
5th May 2019, 11:41 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD (Geology) in Karnatak University are mentioned below:-
Candidate must have completed their post-graduation in a relevant area such as Geology / Applied Geology/ Earth Science/ Marine Geology from a recognised university
Candidate must have secured at least 55% aggregate in Post-graduation.
Age limit - No age limit
6th May 2019, 01:16 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I just want to know that if I am going to take admission in Karnatak University for PhD(Geology) then what is the eligibility criteria for admission? Kindly let me know about the eligibility asap.

Those candidates who have obtained a Post Graduate Degree in the relevant subject from a recognized university with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Cat-I/Physically Challenged candidates) at the Post Graduate Degree are eligible to apply for the PhD Geology in the Karnatak University.

Karnatak University - Geology Department - thrust area of research is given: Geology, Mineralogy, Precambrian, Economic Geology, Micro paleontology, Geochemistry, Hydro geology and Environmental Geology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?