28th March 2015, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Entrance exam to do PhD in Technology for M.Tech postgraduate?

Sir,
I have completed my M.Tech & now
decided to pursue in PhD in Technology.
Kindly tell me what entrance exam I
have to appear?
Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  2. Entrance exam to do PhD in Technology for M.Tech postgraduate?
  3. Universities offering M.Tech Correspondence? Fee details of the course? Subjects offered in M.Tech?
  4. Top 10 colleges for M.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  5. List of software engineering branches available for GATE in IIT's for M.Tech?
  6. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get admission in M.Tech in Manipal Institute of Technology? How much marks are needed in the entrance exam? Which subject should I concentrate more on?
  8. Where should I opt for M.Tech course? List of the colleges?
  9. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  10. Which are the best colleges to do M.Tech in Karnataka?
  11. Can I get a good branch in Manipal Institute of Engineering after scoring 99/240 in ENAT? Which branch can I expect?
  12. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  13. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  14. Eligibility to apply in SLET Computer Science & Application for M.Sc(Information Technology) postgraduate?
  15. Industrial Biotech as a career?
  16. Universities offering Ms/MTech courses in Bengaluru, other than VTU?
  17. List of universities offering MSc in Industrial Biotechnology?
  18. Am I eligible for MCA in JNU after passing BCA from APS university?
4th April 2015, 04:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to do PhD in Technology for M.Tech postgraduate?

You must qualify exams like NET/GATE/SLET/JRF if you want to get admission in a top University in India for your Ph.D program. Hence, if you have any one of these scores along with your Post Graduation then you can surely get admission without any problem. Therefore, just be prepared for any of these exams and try to clear them because they will help you to get admission in top Universities.

If you are not able to qualify any of these entrance exams then you have other entrance exams like CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) 2015, PET (Ph.D Entrance Test) 2015 etc which are conducted by particular Universities.
7th April 2015, 12:52 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Entrance exam to do PhD in Technology for M.Tech postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my M.Tech & now
decided to pursue in PhD in Technology.
Kindly tell me what entrance exam I
have to appear?
Waiting for your reply.
To apply for Ph.D, you must have masters with 55% atleast form recognised indian institution.

Admission Process for Ph.D in Technology in India:-

At IITs and NITs :

You must have good merit in GATE entrance exam and academic records as well.

At Central universities:

You must have good score in Common Entrance Test conducted by Central universities.

At other top colleges:

Your admission is based on separate entrance exams held by the institution or JRF or SLET or NET score or PET score.

After written exam , you will be shortlisted for interview.

My would suggest you to prepare for GATE exam. GATE exam is the only way that paves gateway for Ph.D at top research centers in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?