27th April 2017, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Which field I can apply for PhD after completion of M.Com?

Which field I can apply for PhD after completion of M.Com? Can you please let me know the procedure which I have to follow? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer on this? Please let me know the information soon as possible. Thank you!

28th April 2017, 08:21 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which field I can apply for PhD after completion of M.Com?

Course Opportunities available in Doctoral Program after completion of M.Com course:

There are many specific streams available in Doctoral Program to do after successful completion of M.Com course. After completion of Master of Commerce (M.Com) course, You may pursue Doctoral program in disciplines like,

>> Statistics

>> Financial Studies

>> Commerce

As you are from Commerce background, I strongly suggest you to go with Ph.D in Commerce after completion of Master of Commerce course. Besides these, you may also do certificate courses in Micro Finance, Derivatives, Accounting and Banking. So you may pursue Ph.D in Commerce (or) Ph.D in Financial Studies (or) Ph.D in Statistics course after successful completion of Master of Commerce course.
28th April 2017, 03:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can pursue PHD after completing m com course and those candidates who have completed their master degree course with 55% off marks from a recognised University are eligible.

You can apply for the phd course through online by visiting the official website of respective University and important details regarding the admission will be updated on the official website of concerned University.

Steps to do PHD after M com:

- first satisfy the educational qualification to be eligible for PHD.

- after then select the phd University based on your location.

- apply for the PHD entrance exam through the official website for concerned University.

- crack PHD entrance exam with good marks
28th April 2017, 06:11 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which field I can apply for PhD after completion of M.Com? Can you please let me know the procedure which I have to follow? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer on this? Please let me know the information soon as possible. Thank you!

You can apply for any one of the following PhDs after completion of M.Com.

PhD in Commerce
PhD in Finance
PhD in Management
PhD in Rural Management
PhD in Competitive Intelligence

Those who have completed a Master’s Degree in Commerce with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to apply for the above mentioned PhD courses. Candidates are admitted to the PhD program based on an entrance test and interview conducted by the university. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SET/SLET are exempted from the entrance test. Candidates must discuss his research topic at the time of interview with the PhD panel.
28th April 2017, 11:42 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

After completing M.Com course, you can apply for Ph.D course in Commerce.
To do Ph.D, you should first qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
One you qualify in the NET examination, you can take admission to study Ph.D course in different Colleges.
6th January 2021, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for PhD in management after doing mcom from ignou? I haven't done mcom in management.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?