30th December 2016, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future?

Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future? Can you please give me the right suggestion which I can go for? I need take the right decision now itself in order to shape the better future. Please provide me your valuable suggestion.

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do Ph.D in Maths through correspondence? I've done B.Sc(Maths) and M.Sc(Maths)
  2. Which course after B.Sc Maths offers safe future? Is PhD that ideal course?
  3. What is the future of B.Tech Planning?
  4. Any institute offers PhD in Planning? Duration of course?
  5. What to do after 12th standard to do Ph.D in Maths in future? -- [New]
  6. Will it be a problem in future if I have low percentage marks in my graduation?
  7. Is it a right decision to go for MA in Psychology (Correspondence course) after graduating in B.A in Economics? Fee structure, course duration and future job prospects?
  8. Can I do PhD in Maths after completing Engineering? Qualification and eligibility criteria?
  9. Won't there be any obstacles in future if skipping Maths in 10th grade?
  10. Can I study PhD after completing M.Ed? Will that be helpful in future for getting a job?
  11. Is it necessary to secure 50% in Graduation to study PhD?
  12. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Information about Guides for PhD in MAths?
  14. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D in Maths after completing BMS graduation from Mumbai University?
  15. In which subject I should do PhD being a postgraduate in Maths and Science?
  16. From which university I should do distance PhD in Architectural & Urban Planning being a PG Diploma holder with 28 years of experience?
  17. List of universities which offer PhD in Economics/Public Administration/Urban Planning/Politics/International Development/Statistics in Europe for postgraduate in Public Administration candidate? Total expenses to study PhD in Europe?
  18. Is it possible to get PhD in Maths from India while residing in UAE?
2nd January 2017, 01:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future? Can you please give me the right suggestion which I can go for? I need take the right decision now itself in order to shape the better future. Please provide me your valuable suggestion.

Those who wish to pursue PhD in Mathematics should study B.Sc Mathematics in graduation. After completion of B.Sc, he/she has to study M.Sc in Mathematics and should score over 55% marks. The candidates with M.Sc in Mathematics and should scored over 55% marks are eligible for the PhD in Mathematics. They have to sit for an entrance examination and interview for the admission to the PhD in Mathematics. So the aspirant should study B.Sc in Mathematics in graduation to pursue PhD in Mathematics in future.
2nd January 2017, 10:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future?

In order to do Ph.D in Mathematics, candidates must have to gain a Masters degree in Mathematics from a recognised University.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Mathematics from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
Candidates must have to qualify in the NET examination for pursuing Ph.D course.
4th January 2017, 08:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can do B.Sc and M.Sc course in Mathematics to get admission in Ph.D course in Mathematics. The eligibility criteria for for Ph.D course is given below. CSIR NET score card is essential for Ph.D course in Mathematics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?