13th October 2014, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in Maths after completing Engineering? Qualification and eligibility criteria?

I am in 11 th. I am doing iit course. I have inrerest in engineering and also in doing phd in maths. Can I do phd in maths after a completion of engneerig. Please explain me that what are qulification and eligibility for doing phd in maths.

15th October 2014, 10:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD in Maths after completing Engineering? Qualification and eligibility criteria?

For Ph.D Maths you must have Master's degree in the Mathematical or Physical Sciences, or B.E./B.Tech. (or equivalent degree) in an appropriate field of Engineering or Technology from a recognized University.

You also must have at least 55% marks in the degree. Those who have valid scores of GATE/CSIR NET/UGC NET will be given preference for admission in top government colleges in India.

Hence, if you are interested in Ph.D in Maths subjects, then B.Tech Engineering is sufficient to make you eligible for Ph.D admission. Just make sure you qualify exams like GATE and NET, if you want to get Junior Research Fellowships.

For more information visit Ph.D Maths Eligibility Criteria
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?